California San Francisco-Oakland Mission

I am Austin Hill. I am serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the San Francisco/Oakland Mission Spanish speaking. I entered the Missionary Training Center on January 18, 2012. I am there for 8 weeks of language training. I will then serve in the San Francisco/Oakland areas for the rest of my 2 years. I am excited for this opportunity. This blog is updated by my mom. I am busy working, so she is doing it. She will post letters, emails and pictures that I send her.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A heart problem, a goat, an amazing ward party, and some VERY good lessons.

Dear Family,

Happy Birthday MOM! Sorry I forgot to email you about that last week, in advance, but I was laughing to because all that doctor stuff happened that morning right on your birthday. I am doing fine though. I actually think it is due to the heat. I has been incredibly hot here lately. In Antioch it has been 104-110 degrees lately. I have been drinking a lot more water and have been taking naps here and there to rest. I am fine though so don't worry. I'm just watching it and I don't think it is my heart necessarily more just the heat and I was a bit tired. All is well though.

So a little bit about this week just in summary because we have lessons soon and just got back from our Mission leadership council and we have stake coordination tonight so we have a lot to get done. 

Monday of last week: We talked with one of our representatives over missionary work, Brother Davis, about some of the things from the Broadcast. We mentioned the idea of having members do reviews and rating the chapel here in Oakland so that people can find it when they search for it on Google maps. He really liked that idea. They are working on changing the key system for the churches and other details so that we can use the chapels more often to do chapel tours. That night we ran into a man named brother Aguilar from Tijuana, Mexico. He was just here on vacation but we were able to share the gospel with him. We couldn't teach him right then but he said he wants missionaries to visit his family in Mexico so we sent them as a referral. It was really interesting. President Meredith today said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Made us laugh because its true.

Tuesday: Today we taught Victor our less-active member. We read with him in the Book of Mormon. I never enjoy those lessons because Victor and Elder Bradford are really close and I never really am involved too much in the teaching. We then had our district meeting and it was really good! We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to increase our testimony of it. We did an interesting practice where we and Elder Bradford acting as ourselves were able to help each other gain a greater vision of the Book of Mormon. It was a really spirit enriched practice. I shared the scripture that you always talk about mom, in Moroni 1:3 when Moroni says "I Moroni, Will not deny the Christ." It was a powerful scripture and I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and the key to doing missionary work.

We ate dinner with Alma and William. That was interesting with William. We asked him how he liked his experience with us at the Visitors center and he just said that his beliefs are personal and that even if the heavens opened and he saw angels he would contribute it to what he used in the 80's. I was quite in wonder with that one. He is a great guy just a little hard at heart. 

Dinner was great and I washed their dishes for them and William really appreciated that one. Afterward, we finally talked to Carlos that works there at the apartment complex. He talked a lot about his home town in mexico. We were able to relate it to the Book of Mormon and help him see that. He allowed us to set an appointment with him for Thursday which we were happy about.

We taught Sister Pocasangre that evening which was good. We had a lesson with Edgar tonight. We taught him about the Sabbath day. He hasn't been able to come to church because of his wife making it difficult. She lives in Santa Rosa which is out of our mission so we can't do to much about it. It was powerful though because he told us the rest of his story about finding the triple combination in Spanish in the garbage.  He said that what led him to go to that garbage was because he was inside watching a soccer game and the people were yelling GOAL GOAL!!! Edgar then thought "Goal", how do you spell that? Then these words came into his mind, "GO OUT AND LOOK." He said that we then walked out of his room and outside and right there in the garbage at the end of his porch stairs was the triple combination. That is such an amazing experience. We called the VC that night to set up an appointment and we told that part of the story to Sister Weise who heard the part of the garbage. She said that she is going to write it on the miracle board at the Visitor Center. 

Wednesday: This morning was the day when I had the cardiac arrest thing beat, whatever you call it. Yeah I don't know what happened, We were kneeling down praying to leave the apartment and when I stood up and walked out the door to leave my heart felt like it got hit by a car. It was beating so hard and fast, but all over my chest. I got really light headed and thought I was going to fall right over. I could feel my pacemaker pacing, but I didn't know it went for 24 beats. That would make sense now though because that was long. (We got a call from the mission saying Austin passed out and had a horrible experience with his heart. He sent a report to Primary Children's and the San Francisco doctor needed a copy of it. When learned that he had a run of 24 Ventricular Tachycardia. At 18 beats, Austin should pass out.....which he was starting to do. At 19 the defibrillator goes off. His didn't go off because at beat 18 the pass maker was able to slow his heart rate down for one beat, keeping off the shock of the defibrillator. The next beat, his heart sped up again until the pacemaker was able to get it back in rhythm at beat 24. The doctors said the defibrillators paddles were warmed and ready and he was very lucky that one beat snuck in. Otherwise it would have gone off, an ambulance would have had to have been called and we would be dealing with lots of issues at this point. We are grateful for that one beat miracle. They have raised his heart medicine from 40 to 60 mg and have increased his water intake. We are so glad he has that defibrillator/pacemaker inside to keep him alive! It was a life saver! - Mom's note) Everything is good though. Right after that happened, I called sister Olvera (The mission nurse) and got it all worked out. 

We met with Brother Fairchild at a pizza place which was really good. We talked about the zone and things and about the Broadcast. At 1 we had the leadership training in preparation for the 48 hour exchanges. The training went really well. I saw Elder Brogyay and that was good! The training was focused on how all of us as priesthood leaders are leaders and have the potential to become Gods. It gave me a new perspective on the priesthood and the reason for leadership. We gave our training on planning and it went really well. We shared our miracle experience where we applied the criteria from our practice back in June. The elders really were inspired by the experience and really liked the training. It turned out well. The assistants gave a training on how to correct disobedience in the way the Savior would do it. They taught us CPR. That means: Correction that is constructive, private and respectful. It was helpful for me to learn so that I can better correct disobedience. It was a great inspiring training and I met the Elders from San Francisco that I will be exchanging with. We weren't able to visit Consuelo again because we couldn't find a man to come with us which was a bummer. We did visit Edgar again in the Visitors center and it went really well. We watched the 60min Joseph Smith movie and invited him to follow the prophets. We have seen a lot of progress but he did tell us he drank coffee so he wasn't able to be baptized on the 30th so we moved it to the 14th of July. He still wants to be baptized and is working towards that. 

Thursday: This morning I slept a little bit to get feeling better and it was a hot one. I called my doctor in San Francisco and told them what was going on and so they had me send in a heart report. We ran up to the mission office and again got caught by Elder Taylor breaking into the safe and stealing all of the gold bars. Every time we walk into his office to get my box out of the safe he always asks us if we are up to no good. We just tell him we are getting the gold bars and shipping them back home. He cracks us up. We sent the report and then got to our district finding activity. We got there late because of the heart report.

Today was a little messed up because of my heart. We talked to a few people but didn't find any one interesting other than Walter. He had met with missionaries before and was quite the funny guy. We taught Consuelo again and had Elder Olvera with us and Sister Mejia the Relief society president. Consuelo is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, wants to get baptized just has some difficulties. We watched the 20 min restoration DVD and then we asked sister Mejia if she believed that the gospel had been restored through Joseph Smith. She of course said yes, and then I asked her what she wanted to do once she knew that. She said , "get baptized." We then asked Consuelo if she believe the gospel has been restored and she said yes also. We wanted to invite her to be baptized but we have some issues with not knowing when the family is coming, her husband and she is receiving an injection in her spine and she will be down for 3 weeks. We think she will be baptized in August but she is so ready! 

We then taught Carlos with Alma at the Placita. That was an interesting lesson with him. We sat down and the first thing he says is, "Ill give you 30 min, tell me how your church started." We said that we would like to get to know him, start with a song and a prayer to invite the spirit. He said, "no lets skip all that nice stuff and get right down to where your religion came from. IT was not a good place for the spirit. We taught the restoration quickly and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. He just said that he will look at it when he has time, he thanked us for our time and left. It wasn't the best situation but we couldn't do anything. We taught the Alfaro family that evening and used some of the videos form the Broadcast to show them member missionary work. They really liked it and said that they will begin to pray daily for missionary experiences. That Broadcast really inspired me! 

Friday: Today we had our weekly planning and it was really good. We weren't able to finish it all because we wanted , needed to stop by Consuelo at 3 to follow-up with her and also see how we can involve her husband. We invited her to the 30th anniversary party on Saturday and said that she wants to come. We then had a lesson with Giovanni and Rafael. Next door to their house there was a big Chinese celebration going on. Lots of pots and weird musical instruments making a bunch of noise. The lesson with Giovanni was amazing. He accepted everything and said that he wants to be baptized once he comes to know if the book of Mormon is true. They went to the VC that night also which is awesome! We ate sopes with the Mejia family that evening and it was so good. ENDLESS SOPES! I about died there were so many. We taught Edgar again tonight and it was good. We had to split the lesson in half due to members having to leave and other issues. We feel like he is ready bt also we don't quite feel that he is ready yet. We are going to help him have a little bit more of a direction this next week to work towards his baptism. We taught English classes tonight and it was great! I love the classes. 

Saturday: Today we spent a lot of the morning in the mission office starting on the stake report and making the rest of the English class binders for the other missionaries in our district. We went after to contact Rafael Zavala one of our referrals. He belatedly said no and he didn't know why we had come to visit him but when we were there the family that we had visited before said that the man we had been searching for a long time ago was home. This was the biggest referral chain. We talked to the fellow that lived in the back who was the guy we wanted to visit about 6 months ago in the first place but found the zavala family. What blessings. We spent the rest of the day running into people who were old investigators. The Lord was putting people into our path all day long and we set up like 4 appointments with people. That night we had the 6th ward party. It was epic. Words can't explain it and so I will send the pictures, but Consuelo was able to come. Our ward mission leader went and picked her up. We took a picture of her in front of the temple because she wanted to send in to her daughter in mexico. She loved the party and got to know a lot of members. She is so amazing! 


The dancing spoon


NACHOOOOOOO

The Pineapple dance


Sunday: Today was good. We finsihed the stake report, had our coordination meeting and had a long phone call with consuelo about how she was sick and couldn't come to church but how we want to eat dinner sometime with her so we c an meet her husband and a referral she had for us. Blessings~! Church was a special session for the anniversary. They had all the old bishops and branch presidents there speaking. It was really neat. We ate Birria for dinner with the ward which is goat. It was good. 

Everything is all well! I got to go so we can get to our appointments and things. Love you all! Have a great week.


Elder HillDear Family,

Happy Birthday MOM! Sorry I forgot to email you about that last week, in advance, but I was laughing to because all that doctor stuff happened that morning right on your birthday. I am doing fine though. I actually think it is due to the heat. I has been incredibly hot here lately. In Antioch it has been 104-110 degrees lately. I have been drinking a lot more water and have been taking naps here and there to rest. I am fine though so don't worry. I'm just watching it and I don't think it is my heart necessarily more just the heat and I was a bit tired. All is well though.

So a little bit about this week just in summary because we have lessons soon and just got back from our Mission leadership council and we have stake coordination tonight so we have a lot to get done. 

Monday of last week: We talked with one of our representatives over missionary work, Brother Davis, about some of the things from the Broadcast. We mentioned the idea of having members do reviews and rating the chapel here in Oakland so that people can find it when they search for it on Google maps. He really liked that idea. They are working on changing the key system for the churches and other details so that we can use the chapels more often to do chapel tours. That night we ran into a man named brother Aguilar from Tijuana, Mexico. He was just here on vacation but we were able to share the gospel with him. We couldn't teach him right then but he said he wants missionaries to visit his family in Mexico so we sent them as a referral. It was really interesting. President Meredith today said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Made us laugh because its true.

Tuesday: Today we taught Victor our less-active member. We read with him in the Book of Mormon. I never enjoy those lessons because Victor and Elder Bradford are really close and I never really am involved too much in the teaching. We then had our district meeting and it was really good! We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to increase our testimony of it. We did an interesting practice where we and Elder Bradford acting as ourselves were able to help each other gain a greater vision of the Book of Mormon. It was a really spirit enriched practice. I shared the scripture that you always talk about mom, in Moroni 1:3 when Moroni says "I Moroni, Will not deny the Christ." It was a powerful scripture and I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and the key to doing missionary work.

We ate dinner with Alma and William. That was interesting with William. We asked him how he liked his experience with us at the Visitors center and he just said that his beliefs are personal and that even if the heavens opened and he saw angels he would contribute it to what he used in the 80's. I was quite in wonder with that one. He is a great guy just a little hard at heart. 

Dinner was great and I washed their dishes for them and William really appreciated that one. Afterward, we finally talked to Carlos that works there at the apartment complex. He talked a lot about his home town in mexico. We were able to relate it to the Book of Mormon and help him see that. He allowed us to set an appointment with him for Thursday which we were happy about.

We taught Sister Pocasangre that evening which was good. We had a lesson with Edgar tonight. We taught him about the Sabbath day. He hasn't been able to come to church because of his wife making it difficult. She lives in Santa Rosa which is out of our mission so we can't do to much about it. It was powerful though because he told us the rest of his story about finding the triple combination in Spanish in the garbage.  He said that what led him to go to that garbage was because he was inside watching a soccer game and the people were yelling GOAL GOAL!!! Edgar then thought "Goal", how do you spell that? Then these words came into his mind, "GO OUT AND LOOK." He said that we then walked out of his room and outside and right there in the garbage at the end of his porch stairs was the triple combination. That is such an amazing experience. We called the VC that night to set up an appointment and we told that part of the story to Sister Weise who heard the part of the garbage. She said that she is going to write it on the miracle board at the Visitor Center. 

Wednesday: This morning was the day when I had the cardiac arrest thing beat, whatever you call it. Yeah I don't know what happened, We were kneeling down praying to leave the apartment and when I stood up and walked out the door to leave my heart felt like it got hit by a car. It was beating so hard and fast, but all over my chest. I got really light headed and thought I was going to fall right over. I could feel my pacemaker pacing, but I didn't know it went for 24 beats. That would make sense now though because that was long. (We got a call from the mission saying Austin passed out and had a horrible experience with his heart. He sent a report to Primary Children's and the San Francisco doctor needed a copy of it. When learned that he had a run of 24 Ventricular Tachycardia. At 18 beats, Austin should pass out.....which he was starting to do. At 19 the defibrillator goes off. His didn't go off because at beat 18 the pass maker was able to slow his heart rate down for one beat, keeping off the shock of the defibrillator. The next beat, his heart sped up again until the pacemaker was able to get it back in rhythm at beat 24. The doctors said the defibrillators paddles were warmed and ready and he was very lucky that one beat snuck in. Otherwise it would have gone off, an ambulance would have had to have been called and we would be dealing with lots of issues at this point. We are grateful for that one beat miracle. They have raised his heart medicine from 40 to 60 mg and have increased his water intake. We are so glad he has that defibrillator/pacemaker inside to keep him alive! It was a life saver! - Mom's note) Everything is good though. Right after that happened, I called sister Olvera (The mission nurse) and got it all worked out. 

We met with Brother Fairchild at a pizza place which was really good. We talked about the zone and things and about the Broadcast. At 1 we had the leadership training in preparation for the 48 hour exchanges. The training went really well. I saw Elder Brogyay and that was good! The training was focused on how all of us as priesthood leaders are leaders and have the potential to become Gods. It gave me a new perspective on the priesthood and the reason for leadership. We gave our training on planning and it went really well. We shared our miracle experience where we applied the criteria from our practice back in June. The elders really were inspired by the experience and really liked the training. It turned out well. The assistants gave a training on how to correct disobedience in the way the Savior would do it. They taught us CPR. That means: Correction that is constructive, private and respectful. It was helpful for me to learn so that I can better correct disobedience. It was a great inspiring training and I met the Elders from San Francisco that I will be exchanging with. We weren't able to visit Consuelo again because we couldn't find a man to come with us which was a bummer. We did visit Edgar again in the Visitors center and it went really well. We watched the 60min Joseph Smith movie and invited him to follow the prophets. We have seen a lot of progress but he did tell us he drank coffee so he wasn't able to be baptized on the 30th so we moved it to the 14th of July. He still wants to be baptized and is working towards that. 

Thursday: This morning I slept a little bit to get feeling better and it was a hot one. I called my doctor in San Francisco and told them what was going on and so they had me send in a heart report. We ran up to the mission office and again got caught by Elder Taylor breaking into the safe and stealing all of the gold bars. Every time we walk into his office to get my box out of the safe he always asks us if we are up to no good. We just tell him we are getting the gold bars and shipping them back home. He cracks us up. We sent the report and then got to our district finding activity. We got there late because of the heart report.

Today was a little messed up because of my heart. We talked to a few people but didn't find any one interesting other than Walter. He had met with missionaries before and was quite the funny guy. We taught Consuelo again and had Elder Olvera with us and Sister Mejia the Relief society president. Consuelo is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, wants to get baptized just has some difficulties. We watched the 20 min restoration DVD and then we asked sister Mejia if she believed that the gospel had been restored through Joseph Smith. She of course said yes, and then I asked her what she wanted to do once she knew that. She said , "get baptized." We then asked Consuelo if she believe the gospel has been restored and she said yes also. We wanted to invite her to be baptized but we have some issues with not knowing when the family is coming, her husband and she is receiving an injection in her spine and she will be down for 3 weeks. We think she will be baptized in August but she is so ready! 

We then taught Carlos with Alma at the Placita. That was an interesting lesson with him. We sat down and the first thing he says is, "Ill give you 30 min, tell me how your church started." We said that we would like to get to know him, start with a song and a prayer to invite the spirit. He said, "no lets skip all that nice stuff and get right down to where your religion came from. IT was not a good place for the spirit. We taught the restoration quickly and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. He just said that he will look at it when he has time, he thanked us for our time and left. It wasn't the best situation but we couldn't do anything. We taught the Alfaro family that evening and used some of the videos form the Broadcast to show them member missionary work. They really liked it and said that they will begin to pray daily for missionary experiences. That Broadcast really inspired me! 

Friday: Today we had our weekly planning and it was really good. We weren't able to finish it all because we wanted , needed to stop by Consuelo at 3 to follow-up with her and also see how we can involve her husband. We invited her to the 30th anniversary party on Saturday and said that she wants to come. We then had a lesson with Giovanni and Rafael. Next door to their house there was a big Chinese celebration going on. Lots of pots and weird musical instruments making a bunch of noise. The lesson with Giovanni was amazing. He accepted everything and said that he wants to be baptized once he comes to know if the book of Mormon is true. They went to the VC that night also which is awesome! We ate sopes with the Mejia family that evening and it was so good. ENDLESS SOPES! I about died there were so many. We taught Edgar again tonight and it was good. We had to split the lesson in half due to members having to leave and other issues. We feel like he is ready bt also we don't quite feel that he is ready yet. We are going to help him have a little bit more of a direction this next week to work towards his baptism. We taught English classes tonight and it was great! I love the classes. 

Saturday: Today we spent a lot of the morning in the mission office starting on the stake report and making the rest of the English class binders for the other missionaries in our district. We went after to contact Rafael Zavala one of our referrals. He belatedly said no and he didn't know why we had come to visit him but when we were there the family that we had visited before said that the man we had been searching for a long time ago was home. This was the biggest referral chain. We talked to the fellow that lived in the back who was the guy we wanted to visit about 6 months ago in the first place but found the zavala family. What blessings. We spent the rest of the day running into people who were old investigators. The Lord was putting people into our path all day long and we set up like 4 appointments with people. That night we had the 6th ward party. It was epic. Words can't explain it and so I will send the pictures, but Consuelo was able to come. Our ward mission leader went and picked her up. We took a picture of her in front of the temple because she wanted to send in to her daughter in mexico. She loved the party and got to know a lot of members. She is so amazing! 


The dancing spoon


NACHOOOOOOO

The Pineapple dance


Sunday: Today was good. We finsihed the stake report, had our coordination meeting and had a long phone call with consuelo about how she was sick and couldn't come to church but how we want to eat dinner sometime with her so we c an meet her husband and a referral she had for us. Blessings~! Church was a special session for the anniversary. They had all the old bishops and branch presidents there speaking. It was really neat. We ate Birria for dinner with the ward which is goat. It was good. 

Everything is all well! I got to go so we can get to our appointments and things. Love you all! Have a great week.


Elder HillDear Family,

Happy Birthday MOM! Sorry I forgot to email you about that last week, in advance, but I was laughing to because all that doctor stuff happened that morning right on your birthday. I am doing fine though. I actually think it is due to the heat. I has been incredibly hot here lately. In Antioch it has been 104-110 degrees lately. I have been drinking a lot more water and have been taking naps here and there to rest. I am fine though so don't worry. I'm just watching it and I don't think it is my heart necessarily more just the heat and I was a bit tired. All is well though.

So a little bit about this week just in summary because we have lessons soon and just got back from our Mission leadership council and we have stake coordination tonight so we have a lot to get done. 

Monday of last week: We talked with one of our representatives over missionary work, Brother Davis, about some of the things from the Broadcast. We mentioned the idea of having members do reviews and rating the chapel here in Oakland so that people can find it when they search for it on Google maps. He really liked that idea. They are working on changing the key system for the churches and other details so that we can use the chapels more often to do chapel tours. That night we ran into a man named brother Aguilar from Tijuana, Mexico. He was just here on vacation but we were able to share the gospel with him. We couldn't teach him right then but he said he wants missionaries to visit his family in Mexico so we sent them as a referral. It was really interesting. President Meredith today said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Made us laugh because its true.

Tuesday: Today we taught Victor our less-active member. We read with him in the Book of Mormon. I never enjoy those lessons because Victor and Elder Bradford are really close and I never really am involved too much in the teaching. We then had our district meeting and it was really good! We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to increase our testimony of it. We did an interesting practice where we and Elder Bradford acting as ourselves were able to help each other gain a greater vision of the Book of Mormon. It was a really spirit enriched practice. I shared the scripture that you always talk about mom, in Moroni 1:3 when Moroni says "I Moroni, Will not deny the Christ." It was a powerful scripture and I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and the key to doing missionary work.

We ate dinner with Alma and William. That was interesting with William. We asked him how he liked his experience with us at the Visitors center and he just said that his beliefs are personal and that even if the heavens opened and he saw angels he would contribute it to what he used in the 80's. I was quite in wonder with that one. He is a great guy just a little hard at heart. 

Dinner was great and I washed their dishes for them and William really appreciated that one. Afterward, we finally talked to Carlos that works there at the apartment complex. He talked a lot about his home town in mexico. We were able to relate it to the Book of Mormon and help him see that. He allowed us to set an appointment with him for Thursday which we were happy about.

We taught Sister Pocasangre that evening which was good. We had a lesson with Edgar tonight. We taught him about the Sabbath day. He hasn't been able to come to church because of his wife making it difficult. She lives in Santa Rosa which is out of our mission so we can't do to much about it. It was powerful though because he told us the rest of his story about finding the triple combination in Spanish in the garbage.  He said that what led him to go to that garbage was because he was inside watching a soccer game and the people were yelling GOAL GOAL!!! Edgar then thought "Goal", how do you spell that? Then these words came into his mind, "GO OUT AND LOOK." He said that we then walked out of his room and outside and right there in the garbage at the end of his porch stairs was the triple combination. That is such an amazing experience. We called the VC that night to set up an appointment and we told that part of the story to Sister Weise who heard the part of the garbage. She said that she is going to write it on the miracle board at the Visitor Center. 

Wednesday: This morning was the day when I had the cardiac arrest thing beat, whatever you call it. Yeah I don't know what happened, We were kneeling down praying to leave the apartment and when I stood up and walked out the door to leave my heart felt like it got hit by a car. It was beating so hard and fast, but all over my chest. I got really light headed and thought I was going to fall right over. I could feel my pacemaker pacing, but I didn't know it went for 24 beats. That would make sense now though because that was long. (We got a call from the mission saying Austin passed out and had a horrible experience with his heart. He sent a report to Primary Children's and the San Francisco doctor needed a copy of it. When learned that he had a run of 24 Ventricular Tachycardia. At 18 beats, Austin should pass out.....which he was starting to do. At 19 the defibrillator goes off. His didn't go off because at beat 18 the pass maker was able to slow his heart rate down for one beat, keeping off the shock of the defibrillator. The next beat, his heart sped up again until the pacemaker was able to get it back in rhythm at beat 24. The doctors said the defibrillators paddles were warmed and ready and he was very lucky that one beat snuck in. Otherwise it would have gone off, an ambulance would have had to have been called and we would be dealing with lots of issues at this point. We are grateful for that one beat miracle. They have raised his heart medicine from 40 to 60 mg and have increased his water intake. We are so glad he has that defibrillator/pacemaker inside to keep him alive! It was a life saver! - Mom's note) Everything is good though. Right after that happened, I called sister Olvera (The mission nurse) and got it all worked out. 

We met with Brother Fairchild at a pizza place which was really good. We talked about the zone and things and about the Broadcast. At 1 we had the leadership training in preparation for the 48 hour exchanges. The training went really well. I saw Elder Brogyay and that was good! The training was focused on how all of us as priesthood leaders are leaders and have the potential to become Gods. It gave me a new perspective on the priesthood and the reason for leadership. We gave our training on planning and it went really well. We shared our miracle experience where we applied the criteria from our practice back in June. The elders really were inspired by the experience and really liked the training. It turned out well. The assistants gave a training on how to correct disobedience in the way the Savior would do it. They taught us CPR. That means: Correction that is constructive, private and respectful. It was helpful for me to learn so that I can better correct disobedience. It was a great inspiring training and I met the Elders from San Francisco that I will be exchanging with. We weren't able to visit Consuelo again because we couldn't find a man to come with us which was a bummer. We did visit Edgar again in the Visitors center and it went really well. We watched the 60min Joseph Smith movie and invited him to follow the prophets. We have seen a lot of progress but he did tell us he drank coffee so he wasn't able to be baptized on the 30th so we moved it to the 14th of July. He still wants to be baptized and is working towards that. 

Thursday: This morning I slept a little bit to get feeling better and it was a hot one. I called my doctor in San Francisco and told them what was going on and so they had me send in a heart report. We ran up to the mission office and again got caught by Elder Taylor breaking into the safe and stealing all of the gold bars. Every time we walk into his office to get my box out of the safe he always asks us if we are up to no good. We just tell him we are getting the gold bars and shipping them back home. He cracks us up. We sent the report and then got to our district finding activity. We got there late because of the heart report.

Today was a little messed up because of my heart. We talked to a few people but didn't find any one interesting other than Walter. He had met with missionaries before and was quite the funny guy. We taught Consuelo again and had Elder Olvera with us and Sister Mejia the Relief society president. Consuelo is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, wants to get baptized just has some difficulties. We watched the 20 min restoration DVD and then we asked sister Mejia if she believed that the gospel had been restored through Joseph Smith. She of course said yes, and then I asked her what she wanted to do once she knew that. She said , "get baptized." We then asked Consuelo if she believe the gospel has been restored and she said yes also. We wanted to invite her to be baptized but we have some issues with not knowing when the family is coming, her husband and she is receiving an injection in her spine and she will be down for 3 weeks. We think she will be baptized in August but she is so ready! 

We then taught Carlos with Alma at the Placita. That was an interesting lesson with him. We sat down and the first thing he says is, "Ill give you 30 min, tell me how your church started." We said that we would like to get to know him, start with a song and a prayer to invite the spirit. He said, "no lets skip all that nice stuff and get right down to where your religion came from. IT was not a good place for the spirit. We taught the restoration quickly and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. He just said that he will look at it when he has time, he thanked us for our time and left. It wasn't the best situation but we couldn't do anything. We taught the Alfaro family that evening and used some of the videos form the Broadcast to show them member missionary work. They really liked it and said that they will begin to pray daily for missionary experiences. That Broadcast really inspired me! 

Friday: Today we had our weekly planning and it was really good. We weren't able to finish it all because we wanted , needed to stop by Consuelo at 3 to follow-up with her and also see how we can involve her husband. We invited her to the 30th anniversary party on Saturday and said that she wants to come. We then had a lesson with Giovanni and Rafael. Next door to their house there was a big Chinese celebration going on. Lots of pots and weird musical instruments making a bunch of noise. The lesson with Giovanni was amazing. He accepted everything and said that he wants to be baptized once he comes to know if the book of Mormon is true. They went to the VC that night also which is awesome! We ate sopes with the Mejia family that evening and it was so good. ENDLESS SOPES! I about died there were so many. We taught Edgar again tonight and it was good. We had to split the lesson in half due to members having to leave and other issues. We feel like he is ready bt also we don't quite feel that he is ready yet. We are going to help him have a little bit more of a direction this next week to work towards his baptism. We taught English classes tonight and it was great! I love the classes. 

Saturday: Today we spent a lot of the morning in the mission office starting on the stake report and making the rest of the English class binders for the other missionaries in our district. We went after to contact Rafael Zavala one of our referrals. He belatedly said no and he didn't know why we had come to visit him but when we were there the family that we had visited before said that the man we had been searching for a long time ago was home. This was the biggest referral chain. We talked to the fellow that lived in the back who was the guy we wanted to visit about 6 months ago in the first place but found the zavala family. What blessings. We spent the rest of the day running into people who were old investigators. The Lord was putting people into our path all day long and we set up like 4 appointments with people. That night we had the 6th ward party. It was epic. Words can't explain it and so I will send the pictures, but Consuelo was able to come. Our ward mission leader went and picked her up. We took a picture of her in front of the temple because she wanted to send in to her daughter in mexico. She loved the party and got to know a lot of members. She is so amazing! 


The dancing spoon


NACHOOOOOOO

The Pineapple dance


Sunday: Today was good. We finsihed the stake report, had our coordination meeting and had a long phone call with consuelo about how she was sick and couldn't come to church but how we want to eat dinner sometime with her so we c an meet her husband and a referral she had for us. Blessings~! Church was a special session for the anniversary. They had all the old bishops and branch presidents there speaking. It was really neat. We ate Birria for dinner with the ward which is goat. It was good. 

Everything is all well! I got to go so we can get to our appointments and things. Love you all! Have a great week.


Elder HillDear Family,

Happy Birthday MOM! Sorry I forgot to email you about that last week, in advance, but I was laughing to because all that doctor stuff happened that morning right on your birthday. I am doing fine though. I actually think it is due to the heat. I has been incredibly hot here lately. In Antioch it has been 104-110 degrees lately. I have been drinking a lot more water and have been taking naps here and there to rest. I am fine though so don't worry. I'm just watching it and I don't think it is my heart necessarily more just the heat and I was a bit tired. All is well though.

So a little bit about this week just in summary because we have lessons soon and just got back from our Mission leadership council and we have stake coordination tonight so we have a lot to get done. 

Monday of last week: We talked with one of our representatives over missionary work, Brother Davis, about some of the things from the Broadcast. We mentioned the idea of having members do reviews and rating the chapel here in Oakland so that people can find it when they search for it on Google maps. He really liked that idea. They are working on changing the key system for the churches and other details so that we can use the chapels more often to do chapel tours. That night we ran into a man named brother Aguilar from Tijuana, Mexico. He was just here on vacation but we were able to share the gospel with him. We couldn't teach him right then but he said he wants missionaries to visit his family in Mexico so we sent them as a referral. It was really interesting. President Meredith today said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Made us laugh because its true.

Tuesday: Today we taught Victor our less-active member. We read with him in the Book of Mormon. I never enjoy those lessons because Victor and Elder Bradford are really close and I never really am involved too much in the teaching. We then had our district meeting and it was really good! We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to increase our testimony of it. We did an interesting practice where we and Elder Bradford acting as ourselves were able to help each other gain a greater vision of the Book of Mormon. It was a really spirit enriched practice. I shared the scripture that you always talk about mom, in Moroni 1:3 when Moroni says "I Moroni, Will not deny the Christ." It was a powerful scripture and I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and the key to doing missionary work.

We ate dinner with Alma and William. That was interesting with William. We asked him how he liked his experience with us at the Visitors center and he just said that his beliefs are personal and that even if the heavens opened and he saw angels he would contribute it to what he used in the 80's. I was quite in wonder with that one. He is a great guy just a little hard at heart. 

Dinner was great and I washed their dishes for them and William really appreciated that one. Afterward, we finally talked to Carlos that works there at the apartment complex. He talked a lot about his home town in mexico. We were able to relate it to the Book of Mormon and help him see that. He allowed us to set an appointment with him for Thursday which we were happy about.

We taught Sister Pocasangre that evening which was good. We had a lesson with Edgar tonight. We taught him about the Sabbath day. He hasn't been able to come to church because of his wife making it difficult. She lives in Santa Rosa which is out of our mission so we can't do to much about it. It was powerful though because he told us the rest of his story about finding the triple combination in Spanish in the garbage.  He said that what led him to go to that garbage was because he was inside watching a soccer game and the people were yelling GOAL GOAL!!! Edgar then thought "Goal", how do you spell that? Then these words came into his mind, "GO OUT AND LOOK." He said that we then walked out of his room and outside and right there in the garbage at the end of his porch stairs was the triple combination. That is such an amazing experience. We called the VC that night to set up an appointment and we told that part of the story to Sister Weise who heard the part of the garbage. She said that she is going to write it on the miracle board at the Visitor Center. 

Wednesday: This morning was the day when I had the cardiac arrest thing beat, whatever you call it. Yeah I don't know what happened, We were kneeling down praying to leave the apartment and when I stood up and walked out the door to leave my heart felt like it got hit by a car. It was beating so hard and fast, but all over my chest. I got really light headed and thought I was going to fall right over. I could feel my pacemaker pacing, but I didn't know it went for 24 beats. That would make sense now though because that was long. (We got a call from the mission saying Austin passed out and had a horrible experience with his heart. He sent a report to Primary Children's and the San Francisco doctor needed a copy of it. When learned that he had a run of 24 Ventricular Tachycardia. At 18 beats, Austin should pass out.....which he was starting to do. At 19 the defibrillator goes off. His didn't go off because at beat 18 the pass maker was able to slow his heart rate down for one beat, keeping off the shock of the defibrillator. The next beat, his heart sped up again until the pacemaker was able to get it back in rhythm at beat 24. The doctors said the defibrillators paddles were warmed and ready and he was very lucky that one beat snuck in. Otherwise it would have gone off, an ambulance would have had to have been called and we would be dealing with lots of issues at this point. We are grateful for that one beat miracle. They have raised his heart medicine from 40 to 60 mg and have increased his water intake. We are so glad he has that defibrillator/pacemaker inside to keep him alive! It was a life saver! - Mom's note) Everything is good though. Right after that happened, I called sister Olvera (The mission nurse) and got it all worked out. 

We met with Brother Fairchild at a pizza place which was really good. We talked about the zone and things and about the Broadcast. At 1 we had the leadership training in preparation for the 48 hour exchanges. The training went really well. I saw Elder Brogyay and that was good! The training was focused on how all of us as priesthood leaders are leaders and have the potential to become Gods. It gave me a new perspective on the priesthood and the reason for leadership. We gave our training on planning and it went really well. We shared our miracle experience where we applied the criteria from our practice back in June. The elders really were inspired by the experience and really liked the training. It turned out well. The assistants gave a training on how to correct disobedience in the way the Savior would do it. They taught us CPR. That means: Correction that is constructive, private and respectful. It was helpful for me to learn so that I can better correct disobedience. It was a great inspiring training and I met the Elders from San Francisco that I will be exchanging with. We weren't able to visit Consuelo again because we couldn't find a man to come with us which was a bummer. We did visit Edgar again in the Visitors center and it went really well. We watched the 60min Joseph Smith movie and invited him to follow the prophets. We have seen a lot of progress but he did tell us he drank coffee so he wasn't able to be baptized on the 30th so we moved it to the 14th of July. He still wants to be baptized and is working towards that. 

Thursday: This morning I slept a little bit to get feeling better and it was a hot one. I called my doctor in San Francisco and told them what was going on and so they had me send in a heart report. We ran up to the mission office and again got caught by Elder Taylor breaking into the safe and stealing all of the gold bars. Every time we walk into his office to get my box out of the safe he always asks us if we are up to no good. We just tell him we are getting the gold bars and shipping them back home. He cracks us up. We sent the report and then got to our district finding activity. We got there late because of the heart report.

Today was a little messed up because of my heart. We talked to a few people but didn't find any one interesting other than Walter. He had met with missionaries before and was quite the funny guy. We taught Consuelo again and had Elder Olvera with us and Sister Mejia the Relief society president. Consuelo is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, wants to get baptized just has some difficulties. We watched the 20 min restoration DVD and then we asked sister Mejia if she believed that the gospel had been restored through Joseph Smith. She of course said yes, and then I asked her what she wanted to do once she knew that. She said , "get baptized." We then asked Consuelo if she believe the gospel has been restored and she said yes also. We wanted to invite her to be baptized but we have some issues with not knowing when the family is coming, her husband and she is receiving an injection in her spine and she will be down for 3 weeks. We think she will be baptized in August but she is so ready! 

We then taught Carlos with Alma at the Placita. That was an interesting lesson with him. We sat down and the first thing he says is, "Ill give you 30 min, tell me how your church started." We said that we would like to get to know him, start with a song and a prayer to invite the spirit. He said, "no lets skip all that nice stuff and get right down to where your religion came from. IT was not a good place for the spirit. We taught the restoration quickly and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. He just said that he will look at it when he has time, he thanked us for our time and left. It wasn't the best situation but we couldn't do anything. We taught the Alfaro family that evening and used some of the videos form the Broadcast to show them member missionary work. They really liked it and said that they will begin to pray daily for missionary experiences. That Broadcast really inspired me! 

Friday: Today we had our weekly planning and it was really good. We weren't able to finish it all because we wanted , needed to stop by Consuelo at 3 to follow-up with her and also see how we can involve her husband. We invited her to the 30th anniversary party on Saturday and said that she wants to come. We then had a lesson with Giovanni and Rafael. Next door to their house there was a big Chinese celebration going on. Lots of pots and weird musical instruments making a bunch of noise. The lesson with Giovanni was amazing. He accepted everything and said that he wants to be baptized once he comes to know if the book of Mormon is true. They went to the VC that night also which is awesome! We ate sopes with the Mejia family that evening and it was so good. ENDLESS SOPES! I about died there were so many. We taught Edgar again tonight and it was good. We had to split the lesson in half due to members having to leave and other issues. We feel like he is ready bt also we don't quite feel that he is ready yet. We are going to help him have a little bit more of a direction this next week to work towards his baptism. We taught English classes tonight and it was great! I love the classes. 

Saturday: Today we spent a lot of the morning in the mission office starting on the stake report and making the rest of the English class binders for the other missionaries in our district. We went after to contact Rafael Zavala one of our referrals. He belatedly said no and he didn't know why we had come to visit him but when we were there the family that we had visited before said that the man we had been searching for a long time ago was home. This was the biggest referral chain. We talked to the fellow that lived in the back who was the guy we wanted to visit about 6 months ago in the first place but found the zavala family. What blessings. We spent the rest of the day running into people who were old investigators. The Lord was putting people into our path all day long and we set up like 4 appointments with people. That night we had the 6th ward party. It was epic. Words can't explain it and so I will send the pictures, but Consuelo was able to come. Our ward mission leader went and picked her up. We took a picture of her in front of the temple because she wanted to send in to her daughter in mexico. She loved the party and got to know a lot of members. She is so amazing! 


The dancing spoon


NACHOOOOOOO

The Pineapple dance


Sunday: Today was good. We finsihed the stake report, had our coordination meeting and had a long phone call with consuelo about how she was sick and couldn't come to church but how we want to eat dinner sometime with her so we c an meet her husband and a referral she had for us. Blessings~! Church was a special session for the anniversary. They had all the old bishops and branch presidents there speaking. It was really neat. We ate Birria for dinner with the ward which is goat. It was good. 

Everything is all well! I got to go so we can get to our appointments and things. Love you all! Have a great week.


Elder HillDear Family,

Happy Birthday MOM! Sorry I forgot to email you about that last week, in advance, but I was laughing to because all that doctor stuff happened that morning right on your birthday. I am doing fine though. I actually think it is due to the heat. I has been incredibly hot here lately. In Antioch it has been 104-110 degrees lately. I have been drinking a lot more water and have been taking naps here and there to rest. I am fine though so don't worry. I'm just watching it and I don't think it is my heart necessarily more just the heat and I was a bit tired. All is well though.

So a little bit about this week just in summary because we have lessons soon and just got back from our Mission leadership council and we have stake coordination tonight so we have a lot to get done. 

Monday of last week: We talked with one of our representatives over missionary work, Brother Davis, about some of the things from the Broadcast. We mentioned the idea of having members do reviews and rating the chapel here in Oakland so that people can find it when they search for it on Google maps. He really liked that idea. They are working on changing the key system for the churches and other details so that we can use the chapels more often to do chapel tours. That night we ran into a man named brother Aguilar from Tijuana, Mexico. He was just here on vacation but we were able to share the gospel with him. We couldn't teach him right then but he said he wants missionaries to visit his family in Mexico so we sent them as a referral. It was really interesting. President Meredith today said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Made us laugh because its true.

Tuesday: Today we taught Victor our less-active member. We read with him in the Book of Mormon. I never enjoy those lessons because Victor and Elder Bradford are really close and I never really am involved too much in the teaching. We then had our district meeting and it was really good! We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to increase our testimony of it. We did an interesting practice where we and Elder Bradford acting as ourselves were able to help each other gain a greater vision of the Book of Mormon. It was a really spirit enriched practice. I shared the scripture that you always talk about mom, in Moroni 1:3 when Moroni says "I Moroni, Will not deny the Christ." It was a powerful scripture and I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and the key to doing missionary work.

We ate dinner with Alma and William. That was interesting with William. We asked him how he liked his experience with us at the Visitors center and he just said that his beliefs are personal and that even if the heavens opened and he saw angels he would contribute it to what he used in the 80's. I was quite in wonder with that one. He is a great guy just a little hard at heart. 

Dinner was great and I washed their dishes for them and William really appreciated that one. Afterward, we finally talked to Carlos that works there at the apartment complex. He talked a lot about his home town in mexico. We were able to relate it to the Book of Mormon and help him see that. He allowed us to set an appointment with him for Thursday which we were happy about.

We taught Sister Pocasangre that evening which was good. We had a lesson with Edgar tonight. We taught him about the Sabbath day. He hasn't been able to come to church because of his wife making it difficult. She lives in Santa Rosa which is out of our mission so we can't do to much about it. It was powerful though because he told us the rest of his story about finding the triple combination in Spanish in the garbage.  He said that what led him to go to that garbage was because he was inside watching a soccer game and the people were yelling GOAL GOAL!!! Edgar then thought "Goal", how do you spell that? Then these words came into his mind, "GO OUT AND LOOK." He said that we then walked out of his room and outside and right there in the garbage at the end of his porch stairs was the triple combination. That is such an amazing experience. We called the VC that night to set up an appointment and we told that part of the story to Sister Weise who heard the part of the garbage. She said that she is going to write it on the miracle board at the Visitor Center. 

Wednesday: This morning was the day when I had the cardiac arrest thing beat, whatever you call it. Yeah I don't know what happened, We were kneeling down praying to leave the apartment and when I stood up and walked out the door to leave my heart felt like it got hit by a car. It was beating so hard and fast, but all over my chest. I got really light headed and thought I was going to fall right over. I could feel my pacemaker pacing, but I didn't know it went for 24 beats. That would make sense now though because that was long. (We got a call from the mission saying Austin passed out and had a horrible experience with his heart. He sent a report to Primary Children's and the San Francisco doctor needed a copy of it. When learned that he had a run of 24 Ventricular Tachycardia. At 18 beats, Austin should pass out.....which he was starting to do. At 19 the defibrillator goes off. His didn't go off because at beat 18 the pass maker was able to slow his heart rate down for one beat, keeping off the shock of the defibrillator. The next beat, his heart sped up again until the pacemaker was able to get it back in rhythm at beat 24. The doctors said the defibrillators paddles were warmed and ready and he was very lucky that one beat snuck in. Otherwise it would have gone off, an ambulance would have had to have been called and we would be dealing with lots of issues at this point. We are grateful for that one beat miracle. They have raised his heart medicine from 40 to 60 mg and have increased his water intake. We are so glad he has that defibrillator/pacemaker inside to keep him alive! It was a life saver! - Mom's note) Everything is good though. Right after that happened, I called sister Olvera (The mission nurse) and got it all worked out. 

We met with Brother Fairchild at a pizza place which was really good. We talked about the zone and things and about the Broadcast. At 1 we had the leadership training in preparation for the 48 hour exchanges. The training went really well. I saw Elder Brogyay and that was good! The training was focused on how all of us as priesthood leaders are leaders and have the potential to become Gods. It gave me a new perspective on the priesthood and the reason for leadership. We gave our training on planning and it went really well. We shared our miracle experience where we applied the criteria from our practice back in June. The elders really were inspired by the experience and really liked the training. It turned out well. The assistants gave a training on how to correct disobedience in the way the Savior would do it. They taught us CPR. That means: Correction that is constructive, private and respectful. It was helpful for me to learn so that I can better correct disobedience. It was a great inspiring training and I met the Elders from San Francisco that I will be exchanging with. We weren't able to visit Consuelo again because we couldn't find a man to come with us which was a bummer. We did visit Edgar again in the Visitors center and it went really well. We watched the 60min Joseph Smith movie and invited him to follow the prophets. We have seen a lot of progress but he did tell us he drank coffee so he wasn't able to be baptized on the 30th so we moved it to the 14th of July. He still wants to be baptized and is working towards that. 

Thursday: This morning I slept a little bit to get feeling better and it was a hot one. I called my doctor in San Francisco and told them what was going on and so they had me send in a heart report. We ran up to the mission office and again got caught by Elder Taylor breaking into the safe and stealing all of the gold bars. Every time we walk into his office to get my box out of the safe he always asks us if we are up to no good. We just tell him we are getting the gold bars and shipping them back home. He cracks us up. We sent the report and then got to our district finding activity. We got there late because of the heart report.

Today was a little messed up because of my heart. We talked to a few people but didn't find any one interesting other than Walter. He had met with missionaries before and was quite the funny guy. We taught Consuelo again and had Elder Olvera with us and Sister Mejia the Relief society president. Consuelo is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, wants to get baptized just has some difficulties. We watched the 20 min restoration DVD and then we asked sister Mejia if she believed that the gospel had been restored through Joseph Smith. She of course said yes, and then I asked her what she wanted to do once she knew that. She said , "get baptized." We then asked Consuelo if she believe the gospel has been restored and she said yes also. We wanted to invite her to be baptized but we have some issues with not knowing when the family is coming, her husband and she is receiving an injection in her spine and she will be down for 3 weeks. We think she will be baptized in August but she is so ready! 

We then taught Carlos with Alma at the Placita. That was an interesting lesson with him. We sat down and the first thing he says is, "Ill give you 30 min, tell me how your church started." We said that we would like to get to know him, start with a song and a prayer to invite the spirit. He said, "no lets skip all that nice stuff and get right down to where your religion came from. IT was not a good place for the spirit. We taught the restoration quickly and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. He just said that he will look at it when he has time, he thanked us for our time and left. It wasn't the best situation but we couldn't do anything. We taught the Alfaro family that evening and used some of the videos form the Broadcast to show them member missionary work. They really liked it and said that they will begin to pray daily for missionary experiences. That Broadcast really inspired me! 

Friday: Today we had our weekly planning and it was really good. We weren't able to finish it all because we wanted , needed to stop by Consuelo at 3 to follow-up with her and also see how we can involve her husband. We invited her to the 30th anniversary party on Saturday and said that she wants to come. We then had a lesson with Giovanni and Rafael. Next door to their house there was a big Chinese celebration going on. Lots of pots and weird musical instruments making a bunch of noise. The lesson with Giovanni was amazing. He accepted everything and said that he wants to be baptized once he comes to know if the book of Mormon is true. They went to the VC that night also which is awesome! We ate sopes with the Mejia family that evening and it was so good. ENDLESS SOPES! I about died there were so many. We taught Edgar again tonight and it was good. We had to split the lesson in half due to members having to leave and other issues. We feel like he is ready bt also we don't quite feel that he is ready yet. We are going to help him have a little bit more of a direction this next week to work towards his baptism. We taught English classes tonight and it was great! I love the classes. 

Saturday: Today we spent a lot of the morning in the mission office starting on the stake report and making the rest of the English class binders for the other missionaries in our district. We went after to contact Rafael Zavala one of our referrals. He belatedly said no and he didn't know why we had come to visit him but when we were there the family that we had visited before said that the man we had been searching for a long time ago was home. This was the biggest referral chain. We talked to the fellow that lived in the back who was the guy we wanted to visit about 6 months ago in the first place but found the zavala family. What blessings. We spent the rest of the day running into people who were old investigators. The Lord was putting people into our path all day long and we set up like 4 appointments with people. That night we had the 6th ward party. It was epic. Words can't explain it and so I will send the pictures, but Consuelo was able to come. Our ward mission leader went and picked her up. We took a picture of her in front of the temple because she wanted to send in to her daughter in mexico. She loved the party and got to know a lot of members. She is so amazing! 


The dancing spoon


NACHOOOOOOO

The Pineapple dance


Sunday: Today was good. We finsihed the stake report, had our coordination meeting and had a long phone call with consuelo about how she was sick and couldn't come to church but how we want to eat dinner sometime with her so we c an meet her husband and a referral she had for us. Blessings~! Church was a special session for the anniversary. They had all the old bishops and branch presidents there speaking. It was really neat. We ate Birria for dinner with the ward which is goat. It was good. 

Everything is all well! I got to go so we can get to our appointments and things. Love you all! Have a great week.


Elder HillDear Family,

Happy Birthday MOM! Sorry I forgot to email you about that last week, in advance, but I was laughing to because all that doctor stuff happened that morning right on your birthday. I am doing fine though. I actually think it is due to the heat. I has been incredibly hot here lately. In Antioch it has been 104-110 degrees lately. I have been drinking a lot more water and have been taking naps here and there to rest. I am fine though so don't worry. I'm just watching it and I don't think it is my heart necessarily more just the heat and I was a bit tired. All is well though.

So a little bit about this week just in summary because we have lessons soon and just got back from our Mission leadership council and we have stake coordination tonight so we have a lot to get done. 

Monday of last week: We talked with one of our representatives over missionary work, Brother Davis, about some of the things from the Broadcast. We mentioned the idea of having members do reviews and rating the chapel here in Oakland so that people can find it when they search for it on Google maps. He really liked that idea. They are working on changing the key system for the churches and other details so that we can use the chapels more often to do chapel tours. That night we ran into a man named brother Aguilar from Tijuana, Mexico. He was just here on vacation but we were able to share the gospel with him. We couldn't teach him right then but he said he wants missionaries to visit his family in Mexico so we sent them as a referral. It was really interesting. President Meredith today said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Made us laugh because its true.

Tuesday: Today we taught Victor our less-active member. We read with him in the Book of Mormon. I never enjoy those lessons because Victor and Elder Bradford are really close and I never really am involved too much in the teaching. We then had our district meeting and it was really good! We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to increase our testimony of it. We did an interesting practice where we and Elder Bradford acting as ourselves were able to help each other gain a greater vision of the Book of Mormon. It was a really spirit enriched practice. I shared the scripture that you always talk about mom, in Moroni 1:3 when Moroni says "I Moroni, Will not deny the Christ." It was a powerful scripture and I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and the key to doing missionary work.

We ate dinner with Alma and William. That was interesting with William. We asked him how he liked his experience with us at the Visitors center and he just said that his beliefs are personal and that even if the heavens opened and he saw angels he would contribute it to what he used in the 80's. I was quite in wonder with that one. He is a great guy just a little hard at heart. 

Dinner was great and I washed their dishes for them and William really appreciated that one. Afterward, we finally talked to Carlos that works there at the apartment complex. He talked a lot about his home town in mexico. We were able to relate it to the Book of Mormon and help him see that. He allowed us to set an appointment with him for Thursday which we were happy about.

We taught Sister Pocasangre that evening which was good. We had a lesson with Edgar tonight. We taught him about the Sabbath day. He hasn't been able to come to church because of his wife making it difficult. She lives in Santa Rosa which is out of our mission so we can't do to much about it. It was powerful though because he told us the rest of his story about finding the triple combination in Spanish in the garbage.  He said that what led him to go to that garbage was because he was inside watching a soccer game and the people were yelling GOAL GOAL!!! Edgar then thought "Goal", how do you spell that? Then these words came into his mind, "GO OUT AND LOOK." He said that we then walked out of his room and outside and right there in the garbage at the end of his porch stairs was the triple combination. That is such an amazing experience. We called the VC that night to set up an appointment and we told that part of the story to Sister Weise who heard the part of the garbage. She said that she is going to write it on the miracle board at the Visitor Center. 

Wednesday: This morning was the day when I had the cardiac arrest thing beat, whatever you call it. Yeah I don't know what happened, We were kneeling down praying to leave the apartment and when I stood up and walked out the door to leave my heart felt like it got hit by a car. It was beating so hard and fast, but all over my chest. I got really light headed and thought I was going to fall right over. I could feel my pacemaker pacing, but I didn't know it went for 24 beats. That would make sense now though because that was long. (We got a call from the mission saying Austin passed out and had a horrible experience with his heart. He sent a report to Primary Children's and the San Francisco doctor needed a copy of it. When learned that he had a run of 24 Ventricular Tachycardia. At 18 beats, Austin should pass out.....which he was starting to do. At 19 the defibrillator goes off. His didn't go off because at beat 18 the pass maker was able to slow his heart rate down for one beat, keeping off the shock of the defibrillator. The next beat, his heart sped up again until the pacemaker was able to get it back in rhythm at beat 24. The doctors said the defibrillators paddles were warmed and ready and he was very lucky that one beat snuck in. Otherwise it would have gone off, an ambulance would have had to have been called and we would be dealing with lots of issues at this point. We are grateful for that one beat miracle. They have raised his heart medicine from 40 to 60 mg and have increased his water intake. We are so glad he has that defibrillator/pacemaker inside to keep him alive! It was a life saver! - Mom's note) Everything is good though. Right after that happened, I called sister Olvera (The mission nurse) and got it all worked out. 

We met with Brother Fairchild at a pizza place which was really good. We talked about the zone and things and about the Broadcast. At 1 we had the leadership training in preparation for the 48 hour exchanges. The training went really well. I saw Elder Brogyay and that was good! The training was focused on how all of us as priesthood leaders are leaders and have the potential to become Gods. It gave me a new perspective on the priesthood and the reason for leadership. We gave our training on planning and it went really well. We shared our miracle experience where we applied the criteria from our practice back in June. The elders really were inspired by the experience and really liked the training. It turned out well. The assistants gave a training on how to correct disobedience in the way the Savior would do it. They taught us CPR. That means: Correction that is constructive, private and respectful. It was helpful for me to learn so that I can better correct disobedience. It was a great inspiring training and I met the Elders from San Francisco that I will be exchanging with. We weren't able to visit Consuelo again because we couldn't find a man to come with us which was a bummer. We did visit Edgar again in the Visitors center and it went really well. We watched the 60min Joseph Smith movie and invited him to follow the prophets. We have seen a lot of progress but he did tell us he drank coffee so he wasn't able to be baptized on the 30th so we moved it to the 14th of July. He still wants to be baptized and is working towards that. 

Thursday: This morning I slept a little bit to get feeling better and it was a hot one. I called my doctor in San Francisco and told them what was going on and so they had me send in a heart report. We ran up to the mission office and again got caught by Elder Taylor breaking into the safe and stealing all of the gold bars. Every time we walk into his office to get my box out of the safe he always asks us if we are up to no good. We just tell him we are getting the gold bars and shipping them back home. He cracks us up. We sent the report and then got to our district finding activity. We got there late because of the heart report.

Today was a little messed up because of my heart. We talked to a few people but didn't find any one interesting other than Walter. He had met with missionaries before and was quite the funny guy. We taught Consuelo again and had Elder Olvera with us and Sister Mejia the Relief society president. Consuelo is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, wants to get baptized just has some difficulties. We watched the 20 min restoration DVD and then we asked sister Mejia if she believed that the gospel had been restored through Joseph Smith. She of course said yes, and then I asked her what she wanted to do once she knew that. She said , "get baptized." We then asked Consuelo if she believe the gospel has been restored and she said yes also. We wanted to invite her to be baptized but we have some issues with not knowing when the family is coming, her husband and she is receiving an injection in her spine and she will be down for 3 weeks. We think she will be baptized in August but she is so ready! 

We then taught Carlos with Alma at the Placita. That was an interesting lesson with him. We sat down and the first thing he says is, "Ill give you 30 min, tell me how your church started." We said that we would like to get to know him, start with a song and a prayer to invite the spirit. He said, "no lets skip all that nice stuff and get right down to where your religion came from. IT was not a good place for the spirit. We taught the restoration quickly and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. He just said that he will look at it when he has time, he thanked us for our time and left. It wasn't the best situation but we couldn't do anything. We taught the Alfaro family that evening and used some of the videos form the Broadcast to show them member missionary work. They really liked it and said that they will begin to pray daily for missionary experiences. That Broadcast really inspired me! 

Friday: Today we had our weekly planning and it was really good. We weren't able to finish it all because we wanted , needed to stop by Consuelo at 3 to follow-up with her and also see how we can involve her husband. We invited her to the 30th anniversary party on Saturday and said that she wants to come. We then had a lesson with Giovanni and Rafael. Next door to their house there was a big Chinese celebration going on. Lots of pots and weird musical instruments making a bunch of noise. The lesson with Giovanni was amazing. He accepted everything and said that he wants to be baptized once he comes to know if the book of Mormon is true. They went to the VC that night also which is awesome! We ate sopes with the Mejia family that evening and it was so good. ENDLESS SOPES! I about died there were so many. We taught Edgar again tonight and it was good. We had to split the lesson in half due to members having to leave and other issues. We feel like he is ready bt also we don't quite feel that he is ready yet. We are going to help him have a little bit more of a direction this next week to work towards his baptism. We taught English classes tonight and it was great! I love the classes. 

Saturday: Today we spent a lot of the morning in the mission office starting on the stake report and making the rest of the English class binders for the other missionaries in our district. We went after to contact Rafael Zavala one of our referrals. He belatedly said no and he didn't know why we had come to visit him but when we were there the family that we had visited before said that the man we had been searching for a long time ago was home. This was the biggest referral chain. We talked to the fellow that lived in the back who was the guy we wanted to visit about 6 months ago in the first place but found the zavala family. What blessings. We spent the rest of the day running into people who were old investigators. The Lord was putting people into our path all day long and we set up like 4 appointments with people. That night we had the 6th ward party. It was epic. Words can't explain it and so I will send the pictures, but Consuelo was able to come. Our ward mission leader went and picked her up. We took a picture of her in front of the temple because she wanted to send in to her daughter in mexico. She loved the party and got to know a lot of members. She is so amazing! 


The dancing spoon


NACHOOOOOOO

The Pineapple dance


Sunday: Today was good. We finsihed the stake report, had our coordination meeting and had a long phone call with consuelo about how she was sick and couldn't come to church but how we want to eat dinner sometime with her so we c an meet her husband and a referral she had for us. Blessings~! Church was a special session for the anniversary. They had all the old bishops and branch presidents there speaking. It was really neat. We ate Birria for dinner with the ward which is goat. It was good. 

Everything is all well! I got to go so we can get to our appointments and things. Love you all! Have a great week.


Elder HillDear Family,

Happy Birthday MOM! Sorry I forgot to email you about that last week, in advance, but I was laughing to because all that doctor stuff happened that morning right on your birthday. I am doing fine though. I actually think it is due to the heat. I has been incredibly hot here lately. In Antioch it has been 104-110 degrees lately. I have been drinking a lot more water and have been taking naps here and there to rest. I am fine though so don't worry. I'm just watching it and I don't think it is my heart necessarily more just the heat and I was a bit tired. All is well though.

So a little bit about this week just in summary because we have lessons soon and just got back from our Mission leadership council and we have stake coordination tonight so we have a lot to get done. 

Monday of last week: We talked with one of our representatives over missionary work, Brother Davis, about some of the things from the Broadcast. We mentioned the idea of having members do reviews and rating the chapel here in Oakland so that people can find it when they search for it on Google maps. He really liked that idea. They are working on changing the key system for the churches and other details so that we can use the chapels more often to do chapel tours. That night we ran into a man named brother Aguilar from Tijuana, Mexico. He was just here on vacation but we were able to share the gospel with him. We couldn't teach him right then but he said he wants missionaries to visit his family in Mexico so we sent them as a referral. It was really interesting. President Meredith today said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Made us laugh because its true.

Tuesday: Today we taught Victor our less-active member. We read with him in the Book of Mormon. I never enjoy those lessons because Victor and Elder Bradford are really close and I never really am involved too much in the teaching. We then had our district meeting and it was really good! We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to increase our testimony of it. We did an interesting practice where we and Elder Bradford acting as ourselves were able to help each other gain a greater vision of the Book of Mormon. It was a really spirit enriched practice. I shared the scripture that you always talk about mom, in Moroni 1:3 when Moroni says "I Moroni, Will not deny the Christ." It was a powerful scripture and I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and the key to doing missionary work.

We ate dinner with Alma and William. That was interesting with William. We asked him how he liked his experience with us at the Visitors center and he just said that his beliefs are personal and that even if the heavens opened and he saw angels he would contribute it to what he used in the 80's. I was quite in wonder with that one. He is a great guy just a little hard at heart. 

Dinner was great and I washed their dishes for them and William really appreciated that one. Afterward, we finally talked to Carlos that works there at the apartment complex. He talked a lot about his home town in mexico. We were able to relate it to the Book of Mormon and help him see that. He allowed us to set an appointment with him for Thursday which we were happy about.

We taught Sister Pocasangre that evening which was good. We had a lesson with Edgar tonight. We taught him about the Sabbath day. He hasn't been able to come to church because of his wife making it difficult. She lives in Santa Rosa which is out of our mission so we can't do to much about it. It was powerful though because he told us the rest of his story about finding the triple combination in Spanish in the garbage.  He said that what led him to go to that garbage was because he was inside watching a soccer game and the people were yelling GOAL GOAL!!! Edgar then thought "Goal", how do you spell that? Then these words came into his mind, "GO OUT AND LOOK." He said that we then walked out of his room and outside and right there in the garbage at the end of his porch stairs was the triple combination. That is such an amazing experience. We called the VC that night to set up an appointment and we told that part of the story to Sister Weise who heard the part of the garbage. She said that she is going to write it on the miracle board at the Visitor Center. 

Wednesday: This morning was the day when I had the cardiac arrest thing beat, whatever you call it. Yeah I don't know what happened, We were kneeling down praying to leave the apartment and when I stood up and walked out the door to leave my heart felt like it got hit by a car. It was beating so hard and fast, but all over my chest. I got really light headed and thought I was going to fall right over. I could feel my pacemaker pacing, but I didn't know it went for 24 beats. That would make sense now though because that was long. (We got a call from the mission saying Austin passed out and had a horrible experience with his heart. He sent a report to Primary Children's and the San Francisco doctor needed a copy of it. When learned that he had a run of 24 Ventricular Tachycardia. At 18 beats, Austin should pass out.....which he was starting to do. At 19 the defibrillator goes off. His didn't go off because at beat 18 the pass maker was able to slow his heart rate down for one beat, keeping off the shock of the defibrillator. The next beat, his heart sped up again until the pacemaker was able to get it back in rhythm at beat 24. The doctors said the defibrillators paddles were warmed and ready and he was very lucky that one beat snuck in. Otherwise it would have gone off, an ambulance would have had to have been called and we would be dealing with lots of issues at this point. We are grateful for that one beat miracle. They have raised his heart medicine from 40 to 60 mg and have increased his water intake. We are so glad he has that defibrillator/pacemaker inside to keep him alive! It was a life saver! - Mom's note) Everything is good though. Right after that happened, I called sister Olvera (The mission nurse) and got it all worked out. 

We met with Brother Fairchild at a pizza place which was really good. We talked about the zone and things and about the Broadcast. At 1 we had the leadership training in preparation for the 48 hour exchanges. The training went really well. I saw Elder Brogyay and that was good! The training was focused on how all of us as priesthood leaders are leaders and have the potential to become Gods. It gave me a new perspective on the priesthood and the reason for leadership. We gave our training on planning and it went really well. We shared our miracle experience where we applied the criteria from our practice back in June. The elders really were inspired by the experience and really liked the training. It turned out well. The assistants gave a training on how to correct disobedience in the way the Savior would do it. They taught us CPR. That means: Correction that is constructive, private and respectful. It was helpful for me to learn so that I can better correct disobedience. It was a great inspiring training and I met the Elders from San Francisco that I will be exchanging with. We weren't able to visit Consuelo again because we couldn't find a man to come with us which was a bummer. We did visit Edgar again in the Visitors center and it went really well. We watched the 60min Joseph Smith movie and invited him to follow the prophets. We have seen a lot of progress but he did tell us he drank coffee so he wasn't able to be baptized on the 30th so we moved it to the 14th of July. He still wants to be baptized and is working towards that. 

Thursday: This morning I slept a little bit to get feeling better and it was a hot one. I called my doctor in San Francisco and told them what was going on and so they had me send in a heart report. We ran up to the mission office and again got caught by Elder Taylor breaking into the safe and stealing all of the gold bars. Every time we walk into his office to get my box out of the safe he always asks us if we are up to no good. We just tell him we are getting the gold bars and shipping them back home. He cracks us up. We sent the report and then got to our district finding activity. We got there late because of the heart report.

Today was a little messed up because of my heart. We talked to a few people but didn't find any one interesting other than Walter. He had met with missionaries before and was quite the funny guy. We taught Consuelo again and had Elder Olvera with us and Sister Mejia the Relief society president. Consuelo is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, wants to get baptized just has some difficulties. We watched the 20 min restoration DVD and then we asked sister Mejia if she believed that the gospel had been restored through Joseph Smith. She of course said yes, and then I asked her what she wanted to do once she knew that. She said , "get baptized." We then asked Consuelo if she believe the gospel has been restored and she said yes also. We wanted to invite her to be baptized but we have some issues with not knowing when the family is coming, her husband and she is receiving an injection in her spine and she will be down for 3 weeks. We think she will be baptized in August but she is so ready! 

We then taught Carlos with Alma at the Placita. That was an interesting lesson with him. We sat down and the first thing he says is, "Ill give you 30 min, tell me how your church started." We said that we would like to get to know him, start with a song and a prayer to invite the spirit. He said, "no lets skip all that nice stuff and get right down to where your religion came from. IT was not a good place for the spirit. We taught the restoration quickly and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. He just said that he will look at it when he has time, he thanked us for our time and left. It wasn't the best situation but we couldn't do anything. We taught the Alfaro family that evening and used some of the videos form the Broadcast to show them member missionary work. They really liked it and said that they will begin to pray daily for missionary experiences. That Broadcast really inspired me! 

Friday: Today we had our weekly planning and it was really good. We weren't able to finish it all because we wanted , needed to stop by Consuelo at 3 to follow-up with her and also see how we can involve her husband. We invited her to the 30th anniversary party on Saturday and said that she wants to come. We then had a lesson with Giovanni and Rafael. Next door to their house there was a big Chinese celebration going on. Lots of pots and weird musical instruments making a bunch of noise. The lesson with Giovanni was amazing. He accepted everything and said that he wants to be baptized once he comes to know if the book of Mormon is true. They went to the VC that night also which is awesome! We ate sopes with the Mejia family that evening and it was so good. ENDLESS SOPES! I about died there were so many. We taught Edgar again tonight and it was good. We had to split the lesson in half due to members having to leave and other issues. We feel like he is ready bt also we don't quite feel that he is ready yet. We are going to help him have a little bit more of a direction this next week to work towards his baptism. We taught English classes tonight and it was great! I love the classes. 

Saturday: Today we spent a lot of the morning in the mission office starting on the stake report and making the rest of the English class binders for the other missionaries in our district. We went after to contact Rafael Zavala one of our referrals. He belatedly said no and he didn't know why we had come to visit him but when we were there the family that we had visited before said that the man we had been searching for a long time ago was home. This was the biggest referral chain. We talked to the fellow that lived in the back who was the guy we wanted to visit about 6 months ago in the first place but found the zavala family. What blessings. We spent the rest of the day running into people who were old investigators. The Lord was putting people into our path all day long and we set up like 4 appointments with people. That night we had the 6th ward party. It was epic. Words can't explain it and so I will send the pictures, but Consuelo was able to come. Our ward mission leader went and picked her up. We took a picture of her in front of the temple because she wanted to send in to her daughter in mexico. She loved the party and got to know a lot of members. She is so amazing! 


The dancing spoon


NACHOOOOOOO

The Pineapple dance


Sunday: Today was good. We finsihed the stake report, had our coordination meeting and had a long phone call with consuelo about how she was sick and couldn't come to church but how we want to eat dinner sometime with her so we c an meet her husband and a referral she had for us. Blessings~! Church was a special session for the anniversary. They had all the old bishops and branch presidents there speaking. It was really neat. We ate Birria for dinner with the ward which is goat. It was good. 

Everything is all well! I got to go so we can get to our appointments and things. Love you all! Have a great week.


Elder HillDear Family,

Happy Birthday MOM! Sorry I forgot to email you about that last week, in advance, but I was laughing to because all that doctor stuff happened that morning right on your birthday. I am doing fine though. I actually think it is due to the heat. I has been incredibly hot here lately. In Antioch it has been 104-110 degrees lately. I have been drinking a lot more water and have been taking naps here and there to rest. I am fine though so don't worry. I'm just watching it and I don't think it is my heart necessarily more just the heat and I was a bit tired. All is well though.

So a little bit about this week just in summary because we have lessons soon and just got back from our Mission leadership council and we have stake coordination tonight so we have a lot to get done. 

Monday of last week: We talked with one of our representatives over missionary work, Brother Davis, about some of the things from the Broadcast. We mentioned the idea of having members do reviews and rating the chapel here in Oakland so that people can find it when they search for it on Google maps. He really liked that idea. They are working on changing the key system for the churches and other details so that we can use the chapels more often to do chapel tours. That night we ran into a man named brother Aguilar from Tijuana, Mexico. He was just here on vacation but we were able to share the gospel with him. We couldn't teach him right then but he said he wants missionaries to visit his family in Mexico so we sent them as a referral. It was really interesting. President Meredith today said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Made us laugh because its true.

Tuesday: Today we taught Victor our less-active member. We read with him in the Book of Mormon. I never enjoy those lessons because Victor and Elder Bradford are really close and I never really am involved too much in the teaching. We then had our district meeting and it was really good! We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to increase our testimony of it. We did an interesting practice where we and Elder Bradford acting as ourselves were able to help each other gain a greater vision of the Book of Mormon. It was a really spirit enriched practice. I shared the scripture that you always talk about mom, in Moroni 1:3 when Moroni says "I Moroni, Will not deny the Christ." It was a powerful scripture and I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and the key to doing missionary work.

We ate dinner with Alma and William. That was interesting with William. We asked him how he liked his experience with us at the Visitors center and he just said that his beliefs are personal and that even if the heavens opened and he saw angels he would contribute it to what he used in the 80's. I was quite in wonder with that one. He is a great guy just a little hard at heart. 

Dinner was great and I washed their dishes for them and William really appreciated that one. Afterward, we finally talked to Carlos that works there at the apartment complex. He talked a lot about his home town in mexico. We were able to relate it to the Book of Mormon and help him see that. He allowed us to set an appointment with him for Thursday which we were happy about.

We taught Sister Pocasangre that evening which was good. We had a lesson with Edgar tonight. We taught him about the Sabbath day. He hasn't been able to come to church because of his wife making it difficult. She lives in Santa Rosa which is out of our mission so we can't do to much about it. It was powerful though because he told us the rest of his story about finding the triple combination in Spanish in the garbage.  He said that what led him to go to that garbage was because he was inside watching a soccer game and the people were yelling GOAL GOAL!!! Edgar then thought "Goal", how do you spell that? Then these words came into his mind, "GO OUT AND LOOK." He said that we then walked out of his room and outside and right there in the garbage at the end of his porch stairs was the triple combination. That is such an amazing experience. We called the VC that night to set up an appointment and we told that part of the story to Sister Weise who heard the part of the garbage. She said that she is going to write it on the miracle board at the Visitor Center. 

Wednesday: This morning was the day when I had the cardiac arrest thing beat, whatever you call it. Yeah I don't know what happened, We were kneeling down praying to leave the apartment and when I stood up and walked out the door to leave my heart felt like it got hit by a car. It was beating so hard and fast, but all over my chest. I got really light headed and thought I was going to fall right over. I could feel my pacemaker pacing, but I didn't know it went for 24 beats. That would make sense now though because that was long. (We got a call from the mission saying Austin passed out and had a horrible experience with his heart. He sent a report to Primary Children's and the San Francisco doctor needed a copy of it. When learned that he had a run of 24 Ventricular Tachycardia. At 18 beats, Austin should pass out.....which he was starting to do. At 19 the defibrillator goes off. His didn't go off because at beat 18 the pass maker was able to slow his heart rate down for one beat, keeping off the shock of the defibrillator. The next beat, his heart sped up again until the pacemaker was able to get it back in rhythm at beat 24. The doctors said the defibrillators paddles were warmed and ready and he was very lucky that one beat snuck in. Otherwise it would have gone off, an ambulance would have had to have been called and we would be dealing with lots of issues at this point. We are grateful for that one beat miracle. They have raised his heart medicine from 40 to 60 mg and have increased his water intake. We are so glad he has that defibrillator/pacemaker inside to keep him alive! It was a life saver! - Mom's note) Everything is good though. Right after that happened, I called sister Olvera (The mission nurse) and got it all worked out. 

We met with Brother Fairchild at a pizza place which was really good. We talked about the zone and things and about the Broadcast. At 1 we had the leadership training in preparation for the 48 hour exchanges. The training went really well. I saw Elder Brogyay and that was good! The training was focused on how all of us as priesthood leaders are leaders and have the potential to become Gods. It gave me a new perspective on the priesthood and the reason for leadership. We gave our training on planning and it went really well. We shared our miracle experience where we applied the criteria from our practice back in June. The elders really were inspired by the experience and really liked the training. It turned out well. The assistants gave a training on how to correct disobedience in the way the Savior would do it. They taught us CPR. That means: Correction that is constructive, private and respectful. It was helpful for me to learn so that I can better correct disobedience. It was a great inspiring training and I met the Elders from San Francisco that I will be exchanging with. We weren't able to visit Consuelo again because we couldn't find a man to come with us which was a bummer. We did visit Edgar again in the Visitors center and it went really well. We watched the 60min Joseph Smith movie and invited him to follow the prophets. We have seen a lot of progress but he did tell us he drank coffee so he wasn't able to be baptized on the 30th so we moved it to the 14th of July. He still wants to be baptized and is working towards that. 

Thursday: This morning I slept a little bit to get feeling better and it was a hot one. I called my doctor in San Francisco and told them what was going on and so they had me send in a heart report. We ran up to the mission office and again got caught by Elder Taylor breaking into the safe and stealing all of the gold bars. Every time we walk into his office to get my box out of the safe he always asks us if we are up to no good. We just tell him we are getting the gold bars and shipping them back home. He cracks us up. We sent the report and then got to our district finding activity. We got there late because of the heart report.

Today was a little messed up because of my heart. We talked to a few people but didn't find any one interesting other than Walter. He had met with missionaries before and was quite the funny guy. We taught Consuelo again and had Elder Olvera with us and Sister Mejia the Relief society president. Consuelo is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, wants to get baptized just has some difficulties. We watched the 20 min restoration DVD and then we asked sister Mejia if she believed that the gospel had been restored through Joseph Smith. She of course said yes, and then I asked her what she wanted to do once she knew that. She said , "get baptized." We then asked Consuelo if she believe the gospel has been restored and she said yes also. We wanted to invite her to be baptized but we have some issues with not knowing when the family is coming, her husband and she is receiving an injection in her spine and she will be down for 3 weeks. We think she will be baptized in August but she is so ready! 

We then taught Carlos with Alma at the Placita. That was an interesting lesson with him. We sat down and the first thing he says is, "Ill give you 30 min, tell me how your church started." We said that we would like to get to know him, start with a song and a prayer to invite the spirit. He said, "no lets skip all that nice stuff and get right down to where your religion came from. IT was not a good place for the spirit. We taught the restoration quickly and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. He just said that he will look at it when he has time, he thanked us for our time and left. It wasn't the best situation but we couldn't do anything. We taught the Alfaro family that evening and used some of the videos form the Broadcast to show them member missionary work. They really liked it and said that they will begin to pray daily for missionary experiences. That Broadcast really inspired me! 

Friday: Today we had our weekly planning and it was really good. We weren't able to finish it all because we wanted , needed to stop by Consuelo at 3 to follow-up with her and also see how we can involve her husband. We invited her to the 30th anniversary party on Saturday and said that she wants to come. We then had a lesson with Giovanni and Rafael. Next door to their house there was a big Chinese celebration going on. Lots of pots and weird musical instruments making a bunch of noise. The lesson with Giovanni was amazing. He accepted everything and said that he wants to be baptized once he comes to know if the book of Mormon is true. They went to the VC that night also which is awesome! We ate sopes with the Mejia family that evening and it was so good. ENDLESS SOPES! I about died there were so many. We taught Edgar again tonight and it was good. We had to split the lesson in half due to members having to leave and other issues. We feel like he is ready bt also we don't quite feel that he is ready yet. We are going to help him have a little bit more of a direction this next week to work towards his baptism. We taught English classes tonight and it was great! I love the classes. 

Saturday: Today we spent a lot of the morning in the mission office starting on the stake report and making the rest of the English class binders for the other missionaries in our district. We went after to contact Rafael Zavala one of our referrals. He belatedly said no and he didn't know why we had come to visit him but when we were there the family that we had visited before said that the man we had been searching for a long time ago was home. This was the biggest referral chain. We talked to the fellow that lived in the back who was the guy we wanted to visit about 6 months ago in the first place but found the zavala family. What blessings. We spent the rest of the day running into people who were old investigators. The Lord was putting people into our path all day long and we set up like 4 appointments with people. That night we had the 6th ward party. It was epic. Words can't explain it and so I will send the pictures, but Consuelo was able to come. Our ward mission leader went and picked her up. We took a picture of her in front of the temple because she wanted to send in to her daughter in mexico. She loved the party and got to know a lot of members. She is so amazing! 


The dancing spoon


NACHOOOOOOO

The Pineapple dance


Sunday: Today was good. We finsihed the stake report, had our coordination meeting and had a long phone call with consuelo about how she was sick and couldn't come to church but how we want to eat dinner sometime with her so we c an meet her husband and a referral she had for us. Blessings~! Church was a special session for the anniversary. They had all the old bishops and branch presidents there speaking. It was really neat. We ate Birria for dinner with the ward which is goat. It was good. 

Everything is all well! I got to go so we can get to our appointments and things. Love you all! Have a great week.


Elder HillDear Family,

Happy Birthday MOM! Sorry I forgot to email you about that last week, in advance, but I was laughing to because all that doctor stuff happened that morning right on your birthday. I am doing fine though. I actually think it is due to the heat. I has been incredibly hot here lately. In Antioch it has been 104-110 degrees lately. I have been drinking a lot more water and have been taking naps here and there to rest. I am fine though so don't worry. I'm just watching it and I don't think it is my heart necessarily more just the heat and I was a bit tired. All is well though.

So a little bit about this week just in summary because we have lessons soon and just got back from our Mission leadership council and we have stake coordination tonight so we have a lot to get done. 

Monday of last week: We talked with one of our representatives over missionary work, Brother Davis, about some of the things from the Broadcast. We mentioned the idea of having members do reviews and rating the chapel here in Oakland so that people can find it when they search for it on Google maps. He really liked that idea. They are working on changing the key system for the churches and other details so that we can use the chapels more often to do chapel tours. That night we ran into a man named brother Aguilar from Tijuana, Mexico. He was just here on vacation but we were able to share the gospel with him. We couldn't teach him right then but he said he wants missionaries to visit his family in Mexico so we sent them as a referral. It was really interesting. President Meredith today said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Made us laugh because its true.

Tuesday: Today we taught Victor our less-active member. We read with him in the Book of Mormon. I never enjoy those lessons because Victor and Elder Bradford are really close and I never really am involved too much in the teaching. We then had our district meeting and it was really good! We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to increase our testimony of it. We did an interesting practice where we and Elder Bradford acting as ourselves were able to help each other gain a greater vision of the Book of Mormon. It was a really spirit enriched practice. I shared the scripture that you always talk about mom, in Moroni 1:3 when Moroni says "I Moroni, Will not deny the Christ." It was a powerful scripture and I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and the key to doing missionary work.

We ate dinner with Alma and William. That was interesting with William. We asked him how he liked his experience with us at the Visitors center and he just said that his beliefs are personal and that even if the heavens opened and he saw angels he would contribute it to what he used in the 80's. I was quite in wonder with that one. He is a great guy just a little hard at heart. 

Dinner was great and I washed their dishes for them and William really appreciated that one. Afterward, we finally talked to Carlos that works there at the apartment complex. He talked a lot about his home town in mexico. We were able to relate it to the Book of Mormon and help him see that. He allowed us to set an appointment with him for Thursday which we were happy about.

We taught Sister Pocasangre that evening which was good. We had a lesson with Edgar tonight. We taught him about the Sabbath day. He hasn't been able to come to church because of his wife making it difficult. She lives in Santa Rosa which is out of our mission so we can't do to much about it. It was powerful though because he told us the rest of his story about finding the triple combination in Spanish in the garbage.  He said that what led him to go to that garbage was because he was inside watching a soccer game and the people were yelling GOAL GOAL!!! Edgar then thought "Goal", how do you spell that? Then these words came into his mind, "GO OUT AND LOOK." He said that we then walked out of his room and outside and right there in the garbage at the end of his porch stairs was the triple combination. That is such an amazing experience. We called the VC that night to set up an appointment and we told that part of the story to Sister Weise who heard the part of the garbage. She said that she is going to write it on the miracle board at the Visitor Center. 

Wednesday: This morning was the day when I had the cardiac arrest thing beat, whatever you call it. Yeah I don't know what happened, We were kneeling down praying to leave the apartment and when I stood up and walked out the door to leave my heart felt like it got hit by a car. It was beating so hard and fast, but all over my chest. I got really light headed and thought I was going to fall right over. I could feel my pacemaker pacing, but I didn't know it went for 24 beats. That would make sense now though because that was long. (We got a call from the mission saying Austin passed out and had a horrible experience with his heart. He sent a report to Primary Children's and the San Francisco doctor needed a copy of it. When learned that he had a run of 24 Ventricular Tachycardia. At 18 beats, Austin should pass out.....which he was starting to do. At 19 the defibrillator goes off. His didn't go off because at beat 18 the pass maker was able to slow his heart rate down for one beat, keeping off the shock of the defibrillator. The next beat, his heart sped up again until the pacemaker was able to get it back in rhythm at beat 24. The doctors said the defibrillators paddles were warmed and ready and he was very lucky that one beat snuck in. Otherwise it would have gone off, an ambulance would have had to have been called and we would be dealing with lots of issues at this point. We are grateful for that one beat miracle. They have raised his heart medicine from 40 to 60 mg and have increased his water intake. We are so glad he has that defibrillator/pacemaker inside to keep him alive! It was a life saver! - Mom's note) Everything is good though. Right after that happened, I called sister Olvera (The mission nurse) and got it all worked out. 

We met with Brother Fairchild at a pizza place which was really good. We talked about the zone and things and about the Broadcast. At 1 we had the leadership training in preparation for the 48 hour exchanges. The training went really well. I saw Elder Brogyay and that was good! The training was focused on how all of us as priesthood leaders are leaders and have the potential to become Gods. It gave me a new perspective on the priesthood and the reason for leadership. We gave our training on planning and it went really well. We shared our miracle experience where we applied the criteria from our practice back in June. The elders really were inspired by the experience and really liked the training. It turned out well. The assistants gave a training on how to correct disobedience in the way the Savior would do it. They taught us CPR. That means: Correction that is constructive, private and respectful. It was helpful for me to learn so that I can better correct disobedience. It was a great inspiring training and I met the Elders from San Francisco that I will be exchanging with. We weren't able to visit Consuelo again because we couldn't find a man to come with us which was a bummer. We did visit Edgar again in the Visitors center and it went really well. We watched the 60min Joseph Smith movie and invited him to follow the prophets. We have seen a lot of progress but he did tell us he drank coffee so he wasn't able to be baptized on the 30th so we moved it to the 14th of July. He still wants to be baptized and is working towards that. 

Thursday: This morning I slept a little bit to get feeling better and it was a hot one. I called my doctor in San Francisco and told them what was going on and so they had me send in a heart report. We ran up to the mission office and again got caught by Elder Taylor breaking into the safe and stealing all of the gold bars. Every time we walk into his office to get my box out of the safe he always asks us if we are up to no good. We just tell him we are getting the gold bars and shipping them back home. He cracks us up. We sent the report and then got to our district finding activity. We got there late because of the heart report.

Today was a little messed up because of my heart. We talked to a few people but didn't find any one interesting other than Walter. He had met with missionaries before and was quite the funny guy. We taught Consuelo again and had Elder Olvera with us and Sister Mejia the Relief society president. Consuelo is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, wants to get baptized just has some difficulties. We watched the 20 min restoration DVD and then we asked sister Mejia if she believed that the gospel had been restored through Joseph Smith. She of course said yes, and then I asked her what she wanted to do once she knew that. She said , "get baptized." We then asked Consuelo if she believe the gospel has been restored and she said yes also. We wanted to invite her to be baptized but we have some issues with not knowing when the family is coming, her husband and she is receiving an injection in her spine and she will be down for 3 weeks. We think she will be baptized in August but she is so ready! 

We then taught Carlos with Alma at the Placita. That was an interesting lesson with him. We sat down and the first thing he says is, "Ill give you 30 min, tell me how your church started." We said that we would like to get to know him, start with a song and a prayer to invite the spirit. He said, "no lets skip all that nice stuff and get right down to where your religion came from. IT was not a good place for the spirit. We taught the restoration quickly and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. He just said that he will look at it when he has time, he thanked us for our time and left. It wasn't the best situation but we couldn't do anything. We taught the Alfaro family that evening and used some of the videos form the Broadcast to show them member missionary work. They really liked it and said that they will begin to pray daily for missionary experiences. That Broadcast really inspired me! 

Friday: Today we had our weekly planning and it was really good. We weren't able to finish it all because we wanted , needed to stop by Consuelo at 3 to follow-up with her and also see how we can involve her husband. We invited her to the 30th anniversary party on Saturday and said that she wants to come. We then had a lesson with Giovanni and Rafael. Next door to their house there was a big Chinese celebration going on. Lots of pots and weird musical instruments making a bunch of noise. The lesson with Giovanni was amazing. He accepted everything and said that he wants to be baptized once he comes to know if the book of Mormon is true. They went to the VC that night also which is awesome! We ate sopes with the Mejia family that evening and it was so good. ENDLESS SOPES! I about died there were so many. We taught Edgar again tonight and it was good. We had to split the lesson in half due to members having to leave and other issues. We feel like he is ready bt also we don't quite feel that he is ready yet. We are going to help him have a little bit more of a direction this next week to work towards his baptism. We taught English classes tonight and it was great! I love the classes. 

Saturday: Today we spent a lot of the morning in the mission office starting on the stake report and making the rest of the English class binders for the other missionaries in our district. We went after to contact Rafael Zavala one of our referrals. He belatedly said no and he didn't know why we had come to visit him but when we were there the family that we had visited before said that the man we had been searching for a long time ago was home. This was the biggest referral chain. We talked to the fellow that lived in the back who was the guy we wanted to visit about 6 months ago in the first place but found the zavala family. What blessings. We spent the rest of the day running into people who were old investigators. The Lord was putting people into our path all day long and we set up like 4 appointments with people. That night we had the 6th ward party. It was epic. Words can't explain it and so I will send the pictures, but Consuelo was able to come. Our ward mission leader went and picked her up. We took a picture of her in front of the temple because she wanted to send in to her daughter in mexico. She loved the party and got to know a lot of members. She is so amazing! 


The dancing spoon


NACHOOOOOOO

The Pineapple dance


Sunday: Today was good. We finsihed the stake report, had our coordination meeting and had a long phone call with consuelo about how she was sick and couldn't come to church but how we want to eat dinner sometime with her so we c an meet her husband and a referral she had for us. Blessings~! Church was a special session for the anniversary. They had all the old bishops and branch presidents there speaking. It was really neat. We ate Birria for dinner with the ward which is goat. It was good. 

Everything is all well! I got to go so we can get to our appointments and things. Love you all! Have a great week.


Elder HillDear Family,

Happy Birthday MOM! Sorry I forgot to email you about that last week, in advance, but I was laughing to because all that doctor stuff happened that morning right on your birthday. I am doing fine though. I actually think it is due to the heat. I has been incredibly hot here lately. In Antioch it has been 104-110 degrees lately. I have been drinking a lot more water and have been taking naps here and there to rest. I am fine though so don't worry. I'm just watching it and I don't think it is my heart necessarily more just the heat and I was a bit tired. All is well though.

So a little bit about this week just in summary because we have lessons soon and just got back from our Mission leadership council and we have stake coordination tonight so we have a lot to get done. 

Monday of last week: We talked with one of our representatives over missionary work, Brother Davis, about some of the things from the Broadcast. We mentioned the idea of having members do reviews and rating the chapel here in Oakland so that people can find it when they search for it on Google maps. He really liked that idea. They are working on changing the key system for the churches and other details so that we can use the chapels more often to do chapel tours. That night we ran into a man named brother Aguilar from Tijuana, Mexico. He was just here on vacation but we were able to share the gospel with him. We couldn't teach him right then but he said he wants missionaries to visit his family in Mexico so we sent them as a referral. It was really interesting. President Meredith today said, "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Made us laugh because its true.

Tuesday: Today we taught Victor our less-active member. We read with him in the Book of Mormon. I never enjoy those lessons because Victor and Elder Bradford are really close and I never really am involved too much in the teaching. We then had our district meeting and it was really good! We learned about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how to increase our testimony of it. We did an interesting practice where we and Elder Bradford acting as ourselves were able to help each other gain a greater vision of the Book of Mormon. It was a really spirit enriched practice. I shared the scripture that you always talk about mom, in Moroni 1:3 when Moroni says "I Moroni, Will not deny the Christ." It was a powerful scripture and I was able to reflect on my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and the key to doing missionary work.

We ate dinner with Alma and William. That was interesting with William. We asked him how he liked his experience with us at the Visitors center and he just said that his beliefs are personal and that even if the heavens opened and he saw angels he would contribute it to what he used in the 80's. I was quite in wonder with that one. He is a great guy just a little hard at heart. 

Dinner was great and I washed their dishes for them and William really appreciated that one. Afterward, we finally talked to Carlos that works there at the apartment complex. He talked a lot about his home town in mexico. We were able to relate it to the Book of Mormon and help him see that. He allowed us to set an appointment with him for Thursday which we were happy about.

We taught Sister Pocasangre that evening which was good. We had a lesson with Edgar tonight. We taught him about the Sabbath day. He hasn't been able to come to church because of his wife making it difficult. She lives in Santa Rosa which is out of our mission so we can't do to much about it. It was powerful though because he told us the rest of his story about finding the triple combination in Spanish in the garbage.  He said that what led him to go to that garbage was because he was inside watching a soccer game and the people were yelling GOAL GOAL!!! Edgar then thought "Goal", how do you spell that? Then these words came into his mind, "GO OUT AND LOOK." He said that we then walked out of his room and outside and right there in the garbage at the end of his porch stairs was the triple combination. That is such an amazing experience. We called the VC that night to set up an appointment and we told that part of the story to Sister Weise who heard the part of the garbage. She said that she is going to write it on the miracle board at the Visitor Center. 

Wednesday: This morning was the day when I had the cardiac arrest thing beat, whatever you call it. Yeah I don't know what happened, We were kneeling down praying to leave the apartment and when I stood up and walked out the door to leave my heart felt like it got hit by a car. It was beating so hard and fast, but all over my chest. I got really light headed and thought I was going to fall right over. I could feel my pacemaker pacing, but I didn't know it went for 24 beats. That would make sense now though because that was long. (We got a call from the mission saying Austin passed out and had a horrible experience with his heart. He sent a report to Primary Children's and the San Francisco doctor needed a copy of it. When learned that he had a run of 24 Ventricular Tachycardia. At 18 beats, Austin should pass out.....which he was starting to do. At 19 the defibrillator goes off. His didn't go off because at beat 18 the pass maker was able to slow his heart rate down for one beat, keeping off the shock of the defibrillator. The next beat, his heart sped up again until the pacemaker was able to get it back in rhythm at beat 24. The doctors said the defibrillators paddles were warmed and ready and he was very lucky that one beat snuck in. Otherwise it would have gone off, an ambulance would have had to have been called and we would be dealing with lots of issues at this point. We are grateful for that one beat miracle. They have raised his heart medicine from 40 to 60 mg and have increased his water intake. We are so glad he has that defibrillator/pacemaker inside to keep him alive! It was a life saver! - Mom's note) Everything is good though. Right after that happened, I called sister Olvera (The mission nurse) and got it all worked out. 

We met with Brother Fairchild at a pizza place which was really good. We talked about the zone and things and about the Broadcast. At 1 we had the leadership training in preparation for the 48 hour exchanges. The training went really well. I saw Elder Brogyay and that was good! The training was focused on how all of us as priesthood leaders are leaders and have the potential to become Gods. It gave me a new perspective on the priesthood and the reason for leadership. We gave our training on planning and it went really well. We shared our miracle experience where we applied the criteria from our practice back in June. The elders really were inspired by the experience and really liked the training. It turned out well. The assistants gave a training on how to correct disobedience in the way the Savior would do it. They taught us CPR. That means: Correction that is constructive, private and respectful. It was helpful for me to learn so that I can better correct disobedience. It was a great inspiring training and I met the Elders from San Francisco that I will be exchanging with. We weren't able to visit Consuelo again because we couldn't find a man to come with us which was a bummer. We did visit Edgar again in the Visitors center and it went really well. We watched the 60min Joseph Smith movie and invited him to follow the prophets. We have seen a lot of progress but he did tell us he drank coffee so he wasn't able to be baptized on the 30th so we moved it to the 14th of July. He still wants to be baptized and is working towards that. 

Thursday: This morning I slept a little bit to get feeling better and it was a hot one. I called my doctor in San Francisco and told them what was going on and so they had me send in a heart report. We ran up to the mission office and again got caught by Elder Taylor breaking into the safe and stealing all of the gold bars. Every time we walk into his office to get my box out of the safe he always asks us if we are up to no good. We just tell him we are getting the gold bars and shipping them back home. He cracks us up. We sent the report and then got to our district finding activity. We got there late because of the heart report.

Today was a little messed up because of my heart. We talked to a few people but didn't find any one interesting other than Walter. He had met with missionaries before and was quite the funny guy. We taught Consuelo again and had Elder Olvera with us and Sister Mejia the Relief society president. Consuelo is amazing. She knows the gospel is true, wants to get baptized just has some difficulties. We watched the 20 min restoration DVD and then we asked sister Mejia if she believed that the gospel had been restored through Joseph Smith. She of course said yes, and then I asked her what she wanted to do once she knew that. She said , "get baptized." We then asked Consuelo if she believe the gospel has been restored and she said yes also. We wanted to invite her to be baptized but we have some issues with not knowing when the family is coming, her husband and she is receiving an injection in her spine and she will be down for 3 weeks. We think she will be baptized in August but she is so ready! 

We then taught Carlos with Alma at the Placita. That was an interesting lesson with him. We sat down and the first thing he says is, "Ill give you 30 min, tell me how your church started." We said that we would like to get to know him, start with a song and a prayer to invite the spirit. He said, "no lets skip all that nice stuff and get right down to where your religion came from. IT was not a good place for the spirit. We taught the restoration quickly and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. He just said that he will look at it when he has time, he thanked us for our time and left. It wasn't the best situation but we couldn't do anything. We taught the Alfaro family that evening and used some of the videos form the Broadcast to show them member missionary work. They really liked it and said that they will begin to pray daily for missionary experiences. That Broadcast really inspired me! 

Friday: Today we had our weekly planning and it was really good. We weren't able to finish it all because we wanted , needed to stop by Consuelo at 3 to follow-up with her and also see how we can involve her husband. We invited her to the 30th anniversary party on Saturday and said that she wants to come. We then had a lesson with Giovanni and Rafael. Next door to their house there was a big Chinese celebration going on. Lots of pots and weird musical instruments making a bunch of noise. The lesson with Giovanni was amazing. He accepted everything and said that he wants to be baptized once he comes to know if the book of Mormon is true. They went to the VC that night also which is awesome! We ate sopes with the Mejia family that evening and it was so good. ENDLESS SOPES! I about died there were so many. We taught Edgar again tonight and it was good. We had to split the lesson in half due to members having to leave and other issues. We feel like he is ready bt also we don't quite feel that he is ready yet. We are going to help him have a little bit more of a direction this next week to work towards his baptism. We taught English classes tonight and it was great! I love the classes. 

Saturday: Today we spent a lot of the morning in the mission office starting on the stake report and making the rest of the English class binders for the other missionaries in our district. We went after to contact Rafael Zavala one of our referrals. He belatedly said no and he didn't know why we had come to visit him but when we were there the family that we had visited before said that the man we had been searching for a long time ago was home. This was the biggest referral chain. We talked to the fellow that lived in the back who was the guy we wanted to visit about 6 months ago in the first place but found the zavala family. What blessings. We spent the rest of the day running into people who were old investigators. The Lord was putting people into our path all day long and we set up like 4 appointments with people. That night we had the 6th ward party. It was epic. Words can't explain it and so I will send the pictures, but Consuelo was able to come. Our ward mission leader went and picked her up. We took a picture of her in front of the temple because she wanted to send in to her daughter in mexico. She loved the party and got to know a lot of members. She is so amazing! 


The dancing spoon


NACHOOOOOOO

The Pineapple dance


Sunday: Today was good. We finsihed the stake report, had our coordination meeting and had a long phone call with consuelo about how she was sick and couldn't come to church but how we want to eat dinner sometime with her so we c an meet her husband and a referral she had for us. Blessings~! Church was a special session for the anniversary. They had all the old bishops and branch presidents there speaking. It was really neat. We ate Birria for dinner with the ward which is goat. It was good. 

Everything is all well! I got to go so we can get to our appointments and things. Love you all! Have a great week.


Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment