California San Francisco-Oakland Mission

I am Austin Hill. I am serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the San Francisco/Oakland Mission Spanish speaking. I entered the Missionary Training Center on January 18, 2012. I am there for 8 weeks of language training. I will then serve in the San Francisco/Oakland areas for the rest of my 2 years. I am excited for this opportunity. This blog is updated by my mom. I am busy working, so she is doing it. She will post letters, emails and pictures that I send her.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mission pictures

We all got hand written letters today from Austin!!!!! They were so sweet. He said he has noticed lately how he has physically grown. He said he was kneeling for prayer and before he began he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and he couldn't believe how much he has changed. He said, "Lately, I have been noticing how alike we are mom. Simple things as when I drive I always have my hand on my leg like you do. I have grown up a lot lately. The other night I did a bunch of push-ups and realized how older and bigger I look. We have a mirror in our room and when I was kneeling that night I saw myself in the mirror and it surprised me how older I seemed." Aahhhh.....

He is loving his district. He said he calls the companionships under him each night to check on their day and to make sure the sister missionaries got in safe and sound. Every night, the sisters tease him and say, "Yes dad. We got in okay." Funny.

He sounded happy and gave each of the kids some advice. It was great. I miss him so much. Here are a few pictures he sent me a while ago. He sent me about 300 so these never got posted.




A district board in which they use to keep track of what they are doing.


 On splits. Kinda makes me nervous that my son drives around California. But apparently, they let him.


 Lunch with a ward member!


Some fellow missionaries at a leadership training meeting. He didn't tell us a thing about them.




No comments:

Post a Comment