Que Pasa Mufasa? I am super
happy and excited to hear the news from HOLLY and TYLER!? I am so excited about
Erika Brown. I didn’t even know she was going to serve a mission or
anything. That is so exciting and makes me so happy to hear and about everyone.
I told my companion that they are going to Argentina and he said, "Que
bueno". That’s really good to hear that so many are desiring to serve a
mission! I am super excited to hear where Holly is going! that is so amazing
and it makes me so happy to hear. Casin is staying in the same area again! HA!
I have been here 6 transfer and transfer calls are this Saturday and I doubt I
will be going anywhere. Makes me laugh about him but I feel him its tough.
Being in the same area for so long has its pros and cons. Pro's: I know the
area like the back of my face...Inside joke...and cons: The people know me way
too well. I love it here though and I am learning a lot lately. It looks like
McKenzie and Alex are enjoying life! Alex looks so much more mature now and so
does McKenzie! I was blown away on how beautiful she looks! YOU ARE GORGEOUS
Mckenzie! Mom you used to tell me that McKenzie was so beautiful that you were
scared about the boys...well its here! Alex looks mature and big. Wow. Maylin
looks so cute. I loved the picture of Alex planking on the roof! Cracked me up.
Life is great :)
So where do I want to start: On Monday we visited one of our investigators. The daughter of Brother and Sister Garcia. It was a good lesson until we invited her to be baptized. She said flat out no. I didn’t know what to say because it was so bold, so I asked why. She said that she had to intentions on changing and the only reason she was meeting with us is because her parents asked her to. I felt bad about that but she wasn't prepared. That night we ended up with nothing, no one was home. I then had an impression to go visit the less-active that had the huge problem the night before. We dropped by and right when we pulled up I got a call from the member that has been working with the less-active. She said she had the paper for the bishop's store house and didn’t know how to get it to us because it was pretty late. I said that we just pulled up and we went in and picked up the paper. It was perfect.
So where do I want to start: On Monday we visited one of our investigators. The daughter of Brother and Sister Garcia. It was a good lesson until we invited her to be baptized. She said flat out no. I didn’t know what to say because it was so bold, so I asked why. She said that she had to intentions on changing and the only reason she was meeting with us is because her parents asked her to. I felt bad about that but she wasn't prepared. That night we ended up with nothing, no one was home. I then had an impression to go visit the less-active that had the huge problem the night before. We dropped by and right when we pulled up I got a call from the member that has been working with the less-active. She said she had the paper for the bishop's store house and didn’t know how to get it to us because it was pretty late. I said that we just pulled up and we went in and picked up the paper. It was perfect.
On Tuesday I got my flu shot and Costco. While we were there I was sitting by a woman that seemed like Spanish but I couldn’t tell. So I talked to my companion in Spanish and it surprised her and she began to talk to me. We had a good conversation. We shared the gospel with her but right when we were going to get her information they called me for my shot and of course my companion has to come. I got the shot, (after fighting to pull my white long sleeve shirt up...) and then as we left she got called and went into the room. I was like NOOO! It just didn’t work out. So yes mom I got my flu shot! We ate with a member that night at Pollo Loco with the sister also. It was a great time!
We then went to visit some
members for my "Power of Prayer" lessons. We were going to have a
district meeting that Wednesday about how to use the things that Elder Packer
taught us. So this lesson was my way to find out how the members would react to
it. It went overall really well. I wasn’t sure how much or how far to go with
it and it was good to see because the member told us that they wanted to go a
little by little. So on Wednesday I presented it in district meeting on
how we as a district could utilize the full power of the 5 "arrows in our
quiver" from Elder Packer. I made a bunch of sheets of "Feed my
sheep" on helping members write down all the people they know. I also put
together how we would present these lessons and help the members have success.
The Zone leaders came to see how I would do it. It went really well. The
practices went well and they loved my papers that I made to help the members.
The Zone Leaders were blown away how far I went with it. I promised the
district that the Lord has promised us success in these things through Elder
Packer and our leaders and that if we apply these things we will have success
also! It was great. As we finished the Zone leaders asked me for the papers to
use in their area. They also pulled me aside and commented on how they noticed
that my district doesn't respect me very well. They were answering the phone
during the meeting and texting and talking and things. They said that They will
help me talk to the missionaries to correct it and I told them I will do it
because it’s my district and I care about them. Before district meeting we had
to run to the bishops storehouse and load up the food for the family. It was
cool to be in there, but a little bad because seeing all the things made in
Utah and the food. I want to do that After my mission with Farming and things and
so it was a little hard to be in there. WE dropped the food of to the family
and they were so happy and thankful. That night we ate again with the recent
converts of the elders. They made MOLE and it was so good! I love Mexican food!
We had a good lesson also with one of our investigators that night.
Thursday was crazy! We went to the temple at 9 in the morning. It was amazing. My district didn’t show up at 9 and they went later. We went as a Zone and only my district didn’t show up. I felt bad and that pushed the Zone Leaders and they said that is ridiculous and they wanted to talk to my district. After the temple we went and ate at Round Table as a Zone. It was awesome! We then had a leadership training at 12-4 that day. It was so good. President Meredith announced all the new news that will be happening in the mission. He expressed how the mission is going to change so much and us as leaders must help him to build the foundation for these new changes. It was really exciting. It made me feel like a Founding Father. Ha ha…. The future is so exciting! The church is releasing a new Christmas website on the 26th and will be promoting it on YouTube, facebook and Google. We were taught how we will use these to help the world see that we are Christians. It’s so exciting to be a missionary at this time!
I saw Elder Rodriguez! It was so good to see him!
On Saturday we did a lot of finding! We need new investigators! We don’t have anyone right now. that night I did a surprise baptism interview. The Elders had another lady ready for baptism and they wanted to do it that night. So I ran back and grabbed my suit and binder and headed to the church. The interview was good but hard. earlier that week I had a huge problem with this investigator. She was baptized in the past but Lost her records and so she had to get baptized again. Because of that I had to find out everything, all the details and I finally figured everything out. The Zone Leaders were like hmm… we will call the assistants. I swear that the worst things are happening. I had to tell the elders that one of her investigators also has to get a divorce first before she can be baptized. The Zone Leaders are making jokes now that all this is happening because I will be an assistant and will need to know. I am having problems with baptismal candidates, and my district. Because of all of this the Elders are mad at me. They said that there is no rule with this whole things about marriage. There investigators have to get permission from their spouse before they can be baptized but because there was abuse they have restraining orders and the Church will not force them to talk to their husbands. In church on Sunday the members (bishop, counselors) were agreeing with the elders that Salvation is personal and that the church can’t make them get a divorce. I was just sitting there because I was the one that did the interviews. The Elders are going through the members to talk to President Meredith which bugs me because I have talked to him and I have told them what the rules are. The Zone leaders are working with me and it’s been tough. I talked with one of them on the phone last night and he just said that As district leaders, even if we don’t have any investigators in our area, we have many as leaders. Every missionary under our stewardship is our investigator and we should apply all our skills as missionaries on them also. With all this though I have learned so much and now I will know what to do in the future if these things happen. It’s been a crazy long week with all this. I am sick about the missionaries in the district, they are amazing but they are mad at me. I understand where they are coming from because they are their investigators and I would feel bad also but I can’t do anything about it.
Thursday was crazy! We went to the temple at 9 in the morning. It was amazing. My district didn’t show up at 9 and they went later. We went as a Zone and only my district didn’t show up. I felt bad and that pushed the Zone Leaders and they said that is ridiculous and they wanted to talk to my district. After the temple we went and ate at Round Table as a Zone. It was awesome! We then had a leadership training at 12-4 that day. It was so good. President Meredith announced all the new news that will be happening in the mission. He expressed how the mission is going to change so much and us as leaders must help him to build the foundation for these new changes. It was really exciting. It made me feel like a Founding Father. Ha ha…. The future is so exciting! The church is releasing a new Christmas website on the 26th and will be promoting it on YouTube, facebook and Google. We were taught how we will use these to help the world see that we are Christians. It’s so exciting to be a missionary at this time!
I saw Elder Rodriguez! It was so good to see him!
On Saturday we did a lot of finding! We need new investigators! We don’t have anyone right now. that night I did a surprise baptism interview. The Elders had another lady ready for baptism and they wanted to do it that night. So I ran back and grabbed my suit and binder and headed to the church. The interview was good but hard. earlier that week I had a huge problem with this investigator. She was baptized in the past but Lost her records and so she had to get baptized again. Because of that I had to find out everything, all the details and I finally figured everything out. The Zone Leaders were like hmm… we will call the assistants. I swear that the worst things are happening. I had to tell the elders that one of her investigators also has to get a divorce first before she can be baptized. The Zone Leaders are making jokes now that all this is happening because I will be an assistant and will need to know. I am having problems with baptismal candidates, and my district. Because of all of this the Elders are mad at me. They said that there is no rule with this whole things about marriage. There investigators have to get permission from their spouse before they can be baptized but because there was abuse they have restraining orders and the Church will not force them to talk to their husbands. In church on Sunday the members (bishop, counselors) were agreeing with the elders that Salvation is personal and that the church can’t make them get a divorce. I was just sitting there because I was the one that did the interviews. The Elders are going through the members to talk to President Meredith which bugs me because I have talked to him and I have told them what the rules are. The Zone leaders are working with me and it’s been tough. I talked with one of them on the phone last night and he just said that As district leaders, even if we don’t have any investigators in our area, we have many as leaders. Every missionary under our stewardship is our investigator and we should apply all our skills as missionaries on them also. With all this though I have learned so much and now I will know what to do in the future if these things happen. It’s been a crazy long week with all this. I am sick about the missionaries in the district, they are amazing but they are mad at me. I understand where they are coming from because they are their investigators and I would feel bad also but I can’t do anything about it.
I learned something though, As missionaries we desire the salvation of our investigators but sometimes they just don't understand and they choose not to. It breaks your heart but you can’t do anything. That is the same with these missionaries, I love them and want them to understand, but they won’t because they choose not to be obedient, etc. It is the same as being a parent, there are children that no matter what you taught have their agency and choose to rebel. It breaks your heart but you continue to love them.
Thanks family for everything. I do have an appointment already set with Doctor Tanel. It’s for Thursday at 10:00 of January. Thanks mom for everything! I am excited to hear about HOLLY!!!! talk to you next week!
Elder Austin Hill
P.S. OH! So for Thanksgiving
we have dinner appointments every 2 hours of the day. I am going to die with
all the food!! Also, Saturday the branch is having a carne asada! So much food,
but I am so excited!!
You're attitude is wonderful! When the District learns the truth...always remember the truth will prevail.
ReplyDelete