California San Francisco-Oakland Mission

I am Austin Hill. I am serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the San Francisco/Oakland Mission Spanish speaking. I entered the Missionary Training Center on January 18, 2012. I am there for 8 weeks of language training. I will then serve in the San Francisco/Oakland areas for the rest of my 2 years. I am excited for this opportunity. This blog is updated by my mom. I am busy working, so she is doing it. She will post letters, emails and pictures that I send her.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Not a normal P-day

Since the computers were down and his email so short, we got ANOTHER letter from him! This one was SOOOOOO good. I love that he is happy! He and his companions are doing so well now! Thank heavens. He also mentions a family night we did years ago. YEAH!!!! Someone listened.

Dear Mom and family,

Today was not a normal P-day at all. We went to lunch and during lunch the overhead speakers called Elder Austin Hill to the front office. I was like uhhhhh what? I went up to the front office and they told me I needed to call the branch president (this is an adult man that is over a smaller group of missionaries that leads their Sunday  church meetings and interviews them). I called him and he just told me about some things going on in our zone and mainly our district that he needed us as Zone Leaders to address. One of the things was depending on someone staying on his mission or being sent home. We then went to the temple and it was great.

After the temple, I explained everything to my companions and we started doing interviews. It was really powerful because I felt like a bishop in a way. I was addressing their problems and we fixed things as a companionship. It was very interesting and I began to really follow the spirit in what to say and what to ask. We left them with commitments and they will report back to us on Sunday.

During those meetings, I had such a love for them and a desire to help them. I really felt that the Lord is preparing me for the future. The branch president told me that this won't be the last calling as a Zone Leader I will get. We will see.

Also, I'll explain more on my email (he didn't), but some of the sisters wanted a blessing because they felt that they had an evil spirit in their room. They asked us to give one sister a blessing. I again was the only one who knew how. I wanted to thank you again dad for giving me that blessing after that ghost hunt I went on before my mission. I was able to give her a blessing and command whatever it was to leave. It was powerful. So thanks dad! I need to learn that for a reason and that was it.

hablar'e Ustedes cerca!
Talk to you all soon.
Love you all!
Amo Ustedes!

Sincerely,  Elder Hill.

P.S. Also, I'll let you know next email about tomorrow's TRC, but we are teaching them Alma 49. I am going to use the family night you did on fortifying our homes against evil like Moroni did with his cities. We will see!!! So much has happened. I will write soon. 

I love you all and MOM!!!!! Thanks for everything!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment