California San Francisco-Oakland Mission

I am Austin Hill. I am serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the San Francisco/Oakland Mission Spanish speaking. I entered the Missionary Training Center on January 18, 2012. I am there for 8 weeks of language training. I will then serve in the San Francisco/Oakland areas for the rest of my 2 years. I am excited for this opportunity. This blog is updated by my mom. I am busy working, so she is doing it. She will post letters, emails and pictures that I send her.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dear Family:
Yeah I forgot to tell you that this week we had our temple trip and so our P-day was moved till today. Just got back from the temple which was so amazing and now we only have 30 minutes to write before the library closes so this will be short. Sounds like you all had a great week. I am doing well, had interviews with President which was really good yesterday and renewed my temple recommend, that is how long I have out now. 
Also I have been good, but not so good health wise.(Mom is in tears. Hate to hear this. Fasting for him tomorrow) I don't know what it is. I am trying to drink extra more to see if it changes anything but my heart won't beat normally. I try to sleep bu can't. Last night I couldn't fall asleep because my heart was beating so hard and all over. It isn't making me tired which is weird but I am just scared about it using up my battery. I am trying to be careful as much as I can. I told that to President and he said to be careful and if anything needs to be changed just to let him know. I am doing well, taking my pills drinking and sleeping just don't know if it is stress or something.
I am doing well though. Good to hear from everyone. I hope Tyler is doing well, I meant to write him today but we are super short on time due to the temple. that is crazy about Mr. Haymond because tomorrow and Friday we are going to be in meetings up there with a General Authority that is coming to visit. So ill be up there. We will see what happens.
The area is doing really well. We have 5 baptismal dates right now. I don't have enough time to go through everything that happened but I will share about all the miracles that have happened.On Tuesday was the day we set 5 baptismal dates. We visited our investigator Alvero and taught him the restoration and invited him to be baptized and he said yes. The amazing part of it was how happy he was, he was smiling so big even though he is super shy. We set it for the 27th of October which is soon with the problem that he smokes every single hour. We made a plan with him and he is doing well giving up an hour more each day. Also that night we visited the Romero family that we had found last week. They are so amazing. We taught them the Restoration and then invited them at the end to be baptized as a family on the 20th of October and the spirit filled the room. We invited them individually too and the mom said yes even before we had finished the invitation and was crying. The dad said yes and the older daughter just began to cry and say how much she wants a change in her life and she feels that this is the path she needs to take right now. It was so powerful.
On Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Omori in Oakland which was so refreshing to be back there. It was weird though because I can just feel that I don't have stewardship over the area anymore. We had an awesome exchange though and we ate dinner with Alma and William which made them happy.
Thursday was our zone meeting. That went really well. We trained on asking inspired questions and then on how to report, plan and coordinate with ward members. The training went really well and I loved directing the meeting. The zone is a lot smaller for sure but I love these missionaries, they are so good. A lot of new ones though.
We taught 12 member present lessons this week which is a lot! We are teaching a lot more now which is really good. On Friday we met with the stake high counselor over missionary work. I wanted to meet with him to set the expectations of working more closely as missionaries and stake. he had never met with the zone leaders before which isn't good. We were able to talk about a lot of good things that we are doing and the stake wants to do. The best part is that I was able to help him have some more ideas on improving the preparation for stake coordination. I am excited about that. He really liked some of the things we did in Oakland and the way I do the stake report by emailing it before and having it electronic not just paper. We are excited for that meeting at the first of the month of October.
Another miracle, small but a miracle, we dropped by the Romero family because Thursday morning the dad called us to tell us that they had some family things to fix and that they wouldn't be able to meet with us for a bit. that was really hard for us to hear but we had faith and that is why we dropped by to visit them. We only found the youngest daughter in the house and we couldn't tell if she was lying or not that her parents weren't home. As we left the house and went around the block I took a wrong turn but only to find that we drove right past the parents in their car. Simple miracle but we knew that the daughter wasn't lying. I have never prayed more for this family.
Saturday was really good also. We taught Jaime our investigator that is medically depressed. We are still unsure what to do with him. I was also on exchanges with Elder Adam who is awesome but a new missionary and is struggling a lot with home sickness and things. We had an awesome exchange though and at the end he told me that he had more desires to do more and that from seeing me he feels like he can do a lot more. That was really good! That night though we dropped by the Romeros again and they were not home at all. As we were leaving the house the family drove by in the car and stopped and talked to us and they were happy and glad to see us. They told us that some things were a bit crazy lately but they would call us tomorrow. That calmed me a lot.
Sunday was amazing. We had a great church and then after church we went to the ISC (Oakland temple) to prepare with the other Elders their baptism that they were going to have that evening. As we were there I ran into Consuelo! She was so happy to see me and I was too! that made my whole day/ week. How the Lord does love us! Alvero, Jamie and the mom all came to the baptism and to the fireside afterward and the Visitor Center! It was really a good experience for all of them. Jaime actually smiled for the first time! What a miracle.
There were a lot more miracles that have happened since this Monday but I will put them in the next letter. We have to go. I am doing well, things are happening I am just tired and worried about my heart, but I have faith that I will and can finish off strong!!
Love you Family
Love, Elder HIll


No comments:

Post a Comment