California San Francisco-Oakland Mission

I am Austin Hill. I am serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the San Francisco/Oakland Mission Spanish speaking. I entered the Missionary Training Center on January 18, 2012. I am there for 8 weeks of language training. I will then serve in the San Francisco/Oakland areas for the rest of my 2 years. I am excited for this opportunity. This blog is updated by my mom. I am busy working, so she is doing it. She will post letters, emails and pictures that I send her.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Hijacked laundry and I hit the floor


Dear Family, 

So just to start off, we have exchanges with the missionary department in 15 minutes so this is going to be a short letter. Today has been bad. We had someone hijack our laundry and that delayed us forever...So I will get to the point of things. (MOTHER's NOTE: What does hijack mean? Did they steal everything and he only has the clothes on his back or did they just take them out of the washer and make them start again? I would like more of a explanation!) I am sending you all a letter in the mail so hopefully that will make up for this. 

So Sister Garcia is doing really well! We had a huge family home evening at her house and the elders quorum president was there and the bishop's family showed up. We were really happy about the turnout. We played hot potato for the game and then had hot chocolate and pan dulce. It was great I have pictures, but I don't have time to send them so forgive me. The other thing was we visited them later on in the week and we went over her baptism: what was going to happen etc. Also her husband was interviewed by the bishop and is worthy to be able to baptize his wife. She is excited about that and he is also. 

So during that lesson we practiced it and showed them how it would be like. He practiced on me and when we went to "immerse" me he dropped me on the floor. He said that I was heavier than he thought haha!!! That was great.

Also Saturday night she had her baptismal interview with Elder Reyes (AP) and she PASSED! We had some baptismal scheduling issues so her baptism was postponed to next week. We are happy the primary is going to sing so their 2 little daughters can join. The husband will baptize her! We are excited.

Also last night we went to "Why I believe" and Elder Brogyay was their with sister Siegal that was baptized. I got to go to listen to her share her testimony. She shared her story again and it made everyone there laugh when she said that I said my head hurt after out first lesson. I was so happy sitting there seeing her happy, Elder Brogyay happy, and seeing people from my old area all there. It was great. 

Some of the people that talked though were the people that I interviewed with divorce issues. I felt bad to hear how they felt when that happened, but then I was laughing because about everyone that talked last night I either had taught or interviewed. Good grief! I am doing well. Its been a little tough lately with my companion. I am doing ok but lots of things are going on. Being a Zone Leader is great though. Our Zone is hurting lately. 

Oh so about the new area, "Gautama- la" Yeah we inherited this transfer. It is a new area in east Oakland. It is hard core down there. We hear gun fire daily in the streets. (At least he spared me the details here - Mother's Note) We inherited a bunch of investigators though, but we are having trouble teaching them. We found 3 new investigators this last week. We are teaching a lot of people and we are excited. 

This next transfer we have 25 new missionaries  coming in. There is a sister Hill and an Elder Hill coming in too, what is that?!? I wont be the only Elder Hill now. But yeah this is a short transfer and things are going well. 

Thanks for the package that you sent I love the Propel, drink stuff. Well got to Go. I apologize for this letter, I know its horrible and was written fast. I will make up for it next week. 

Love you all! Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment