Hello
family!
Happy Father’s day DAD! I hope you are doing well in Idaho and I hope to receive your letter soon! Sounds like you had a great time in DC! Thanks for everything dad and I hope you had a great Father’s day!
Wow! the last week has been crazy and long! A lot of changes, but it’s been awesome!
Happy Father’s day DAD! I hope you are doing well in Idaho and I hope to receive your letter soon! Sounds like you had a great time in DC! Thanks for everything dad and I hope you had a great Father’s day!
Wow! the last week has been crazy and long! A lot of changes, but it’s been awesome!
My new companion is great, but yes we do have some
differences. I have a heart attack when he drives! We’ll see how that
goes...Other than that we are doing amazing! I am more into things and we are
helping the district and everything. I have been working really hard lately,
but I haven’t been tired because the Lord is giving me strength. This last week
we found 12 new investigators. As a zone we had a goal for 16 new investigators
and when we did our indicator call last night, Elder Joseph about died when we
told him we found 12 new. It was a new record! We found 2 ladies and 3
families. It is really awesome and I am learning a lot from my companion he is
so good at contacting and its easier because he speaks Spanish.
In our contacts with people we share a short powerful
message and then ask to go in and teach them; more often than not, they have
let us in and we are able to teach. The one family, to start with there were 7
people listening. It was an amazing lesson. Elder Rodriguez and I are perfect
teachers with each other. We go right after each other, our testimonies support
each other and it’s amazing! We found 2 other ladies but we dropped them
because one of them dropped us and the other we can’t find and she gave us a
wrong phone number. ;) We are finding people, but dropping people too which is
good because we are finding and keeping those that are prepared. We are here to
find, teach, and baptize and if they won’t make a change to be baptized we are
going to waste our time.
We also were knocking and found
3 boys playing PS3 ages 13-15 and then a guy about 25. The guy was in the
military and was telling us that he wants these kids to have something good in
this life. He was saying that none of them are religious and don't even know
about God, but he wants them to be. I told him right there that what we share
can help them and that we know it is true. I asked if we could come in right
now and share it with them. The guy said “Of course,” and told to kids to turn
of the game and sit down! The kids obeyed it was funny. The guy told them if
they weren’t quiet he would make them do pushups. As we taught they were quiet
and listened to us. We taught the restoration and then invited them to be
baptized as they come to know this is true. They all said yes. We gave them all
a Book of Mormon and the restoration DVD to watch. It was really awesome
experience. Yesterday after church we were knocking again and this guy let us
in. He started talking to us and said that he knew who we were and knows
President Yataco. He is our bishop. We talked about that and he was interested
and was wondering what we believed in. His wife was there too and their
daughter. We taught the restoration and then they had questions about baptism
since their daughter had already been baptized in a church. We read Moroni 8
with them and it made so much sense to them. We invited them to be baptized and
they said yes too and that they want to come to church next Sunday to see what
it’s like and also to see President Yataco. We are way excited. This week has
been really good! The Zone leaders and the elders in our district can’t believe
us and can’t figure out how we are having so many new investigators. We just
told them to ask them if you can go in now and teach rather than waiting.
Now I love talking to people. I am not scared to knock on doors and we give a short powerful message and then ask to come in. If they people don’t let us we move on and find people that will listen to us. We have talked to so many people but as we do that we are finding those that are prepared. We are not wasting our time. We find people but drop people that won’t progress.
My Spanish is improving a lot but today and yesterday it hasn’t been as good. Yesterday in church I forgot that President Yataco asked us missionaries to give talks in sacrament meeting. He asked me who was going to be talking and I had forgotten so I told him I would, my companion and Elder Hunt. We had nothing prepared but we gave our talks and they were great. I talked about Fathers day and about the Family: A proclamation to the world. My Spanish was perfect and I know that the spirit was helping me because I would not be able to give a talk without its help. My confidence is normal now, I talk to everyone and I’m not scared. We are working hard and its awesome! I have never been so happy!
So yeah for the next package: I need some more of those drink things, also phonograms! We are starting a English class at the chapel to teach English. We are going to teach it and then share a message at the end. Also those will be helpful to teach my companion English. You should send me Paul Cardall’s CD too!
I’m getting a migraine writing this email so this is going to be short I can’t really see and my head is hurting! I love all of you! I got a letter from kaitlen hansen so I’ll write her soon too! I still haven’t heard from Holly, I just hope that it’s because she’s busy and not that because she never got my letters that I sent her.
Thanks everyone! sounds like you all had a great week at the cabin and DC! Hope to hear more next week! We are getting our new mission president soon so we are having a "Goodbye President Wade" on the 21.
I love everyone! Sorry~
Now I love talking to people. I am not scared to knock on doors and we give a short powerful message and then ask to come in. If they people don’t let us we move on and find people that will listen to us. We have talked to so many people but as we do that we are finding those that are prepared. We are not wasting our time. We find people but drop people that won’t progress.
My Spanish is improving a lot but today and yesterday it hasn’t been as good. Yesterday in church I forgot that President Yataco asked us missionaries to give talks in sacrament meeting. He asked me who was going to be talking and I had forgotten so I told him I would, my companion and Elder Hunt. We had nothing prepared but we gave our talks and they were great. I talked about Fathers day and about the Family: A proclamation to the world. My Spanish was perfect and I know that the spirit was helping me because I would not be able to give a talk without its help. My confidence is normal now, I talk to everyone and I’m not scared. We are working hard and its awesome! I have never been so happy!
So yeah for the next package: I need some more of those drink things, also phonograms! We are starting a English class at the chapel to teach English. We are going to teach it and then share a message at the end. Also those will be helpful to teach my companion English. You should send me Paul Cardall’s CD too!
I’m getting a migraine writing this email so this is going to be short I can’t really see and my head is hurting! I love all of you! I got a letter from kaitlen hansen so I’ll write her soon too! I still haven’t heard from Holly, I just hope that it’s because she’s busy and not that because she never got my letters that I sent her.
Thanks everyone! sounds like you all had a great week at the cabin and DC! Hope to hear more next week! We are getting our new mission president soon so we are having a "Goodbye President Wade" on the 21.
I love everyone! Sorry~
No comments:
Post a Comment